Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10T transmitter USB charge cable?

Fleetz

Just pulled the trigger on a Spider V 60W and a G10T transmitter. I believe the G10T now has a USB charge cable as an alternative to using the Spider V.

Just wondering if anyone has made up a 1/4" to USB interface charge cable? I have the where with all to make up a cable just wondering if it is simple as connecting the USB 5V to the ground and tip of the 1/4"??

Cheers,

Fleetz

I heard someone already did it successfully and judging by the photos of the official cable. It does look very straight forward. I assume the Transmitter has some overcharge protection circuitry built in what with the battery being Li-ion or Li-poly. 

I'd wait till you get the amp before worrying. It doesn't take long to charge and probably only has a few hundred mAh battery. The guitar is playable with only a few minutes charge. you might not need the separate charger. Especially if you have it hooked up to your computer, you can watch a youtube video or something while you wait. The speaker actually sounds pretty decent  playing videos and music being full range.

I heard someone already did it successfully and judging by the photos of the official cable. It does look very straight forward. I assume the Transmitter has some overcharge protection circuitry built in what with the battery being Li-ion or Li-poly.

I'd wait till you get the amp before worrying. It doesn't take long to charge and probably only has a few hundred mAh battery. The guitar is playable with only a few minutes charge. you might not need the separate charger. Especially if you have it hooked up to your computer, you can watch a youtube video or something while you wait. The speaker actually sounds pretty decent playing videos and music being full range.

Cheers Antmax.....yes would have thought the G10T would be doing the overvoltage protection too. Will have a look into it when all the gear arrives. Will post up my findings here then
  • Upvote 1