Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

accidentally deleted all my factory presets

eladdan

Hi!

I downloaded the POD HD500 editor in order to use it as a MIDI controller and in the process deleted all of my (own and factory) presets.

I guess it happened when I pressed "send all" and it synced.

just looking for an easy link to some standard line6 presets.

Thanks!

You can reflash with Line 6 Monkey to restore factory presets or alternatively I found a thread where someone has posted a setlist of factory presets. It is marked as the best answer in the following thread:
http://line6.com/support/topic/7315-are-the-original-hd500-preset-setlists-around-anywhere/?do=findComment&comment=50551

WAIT... 

That post is almost 3 years old. 

While that may be one of the factory lists, the factory preset list has been updated since then to correspond with the newest features.

So, it may not be exactly what you are looking for. 

Whoops! Good call, thanks for pointing that out

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I expect that you will still have to learn how to manage saving and restoring your patches with the AXE FX too. Don't see how that will be different.

Maybe the Axe Fx doesn't have the issues LINE 6 has with updates. Jeez. Maybe they can do an update without freezing up the processor, life would be a lot easier. The PodHD edit is so buggy that's what deleted all my presets. Software is beyond terrible. Never doing an update again.

Maybe the Axe Fx doesn't have the issues LINE 6 has with updates. Jeez. Maybe they can do an update without freezing up the processor, life would be a lot easier. The PodHD edit is so buggy that's what deleted all my presets. Software is beyond terrible. Never doing an update again.

You can't actually be that stupid, can you? 

I mean, have you ever reinstalled Windows on your computer. You can either overwrite the OS with the OS(never recommended), or you can format the drive and install it fresh - I hope you have everything backed up because it is gone.

It's not our fault that people are idiots. 

You can't actually be that stupid, can you?

I mean, have you ever reinstalled Windows on your computer. You can either overwrite the OS with the OS(never recommended), or you can format the drive and install it fresh - I hope you have everything backed up because it is gone.

It's not our fault that people are idiots.

Yes, I have reinstalled windows many times and I know how to backup. This is lollipop software man. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. I just glad I got the damn thing working again because it was pure hell. I'm grateful to the persons who helped me.

Yes, I have reinstalled windows many times and I know how to backup. This is lollipop software man. I'm not going to sugarcoat anything. I just glad I got the damn thing working again because it was pure hell. I'm grateful to the persons who helped me.

Lollipop? Lol, okay.