Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Adding "Tuner OUT", couple questions

DirtFarmer

Hey guys!

I recently picked up a Helix rack, WHOOT YAA MEEE!!!  I also picked up a Korg rack tuner.  But I don't want to have my signal colored by the tuner, it's not true bypass.  But I very much like having a tuner always on.

For reference, I'm referring to DSP as the two different channels in the Helix.  The TOP and Bottom paths.  Sorry if that is incorrect.

My thought is it should be simple enough create a tuner out path.  The easy way using the second/bottom DSP with (guitar in -> 1/4" out) into the Korg.  So there would always be a dry signal going straight into the tuner.  But that forces me to give up one DSP just for tuning.

Are there other ways to get a dry signal out without using one of the DSP.  Not really looking to get add a third item like a buffered ABY box, hoping to achieve this in Helix.

BTW, I love Helix... such a cool device.

• Upvote 1

If the Korg doesn't always have to be active, you can assign Helix's tuner to feed your Korg instead:

1. Press and hold TAP/TUNER.
  2. Turn Knob 2 (Output) to select Send 1/2 (or Send 3/4).
  3. Connect Send 1 or 2 (or 3 or 4) to your Korg. Now anytime you engage Helix's tuner, it'll send your signal to your Korg.

If the Korg does have to always be active:

1. Add a Send/Return > Send 1 (or 2, 3, or 4) block as the first item on Path 1A.
  2. Connect Send 1 (or 2, 3, or 4) to your Korg.
  • Upvote 1

Hi,

You could do this in multiple ways and also depends on how you are using your Helix. One way would be to create parallel paths (1A and 1B), split them at the beginning of your signal path and have path 1A routed to your normal output. You can configure the output of path 1B e.g. to send1/2 and send that to your tuner.

Hope that helps!

I love it and have some awesome tones already but it seems like this is going to be an ongoing learning process. 

Heh heh - yah, that it is, but the graphical interface will be second nature in no time.  Enjoy yerself, welcome to the club!

... and yeah, just toss a Send in wherever.  Done.

Which rack tuner? It might not be as good as the one in Helix, just' saying'...

Its the Korg pitchblack rack tuner, one of the newer versions.  It's not that I need it to be very accurate, I just prefer to have a tuner on when I play.  Its a preference thing, not that I need it, just something I like.

Its the Korg pitchblack rack tuner, one of the newer versions.  It's not that I need it to be very accurate, I just prefer to have a tuner on when I play.  Its a preference thing, not that I need it, just something I like.

With the rack, you can have the "buffered guitar out" go to it and have no other need of setting anything up. I sometimes think I'm going to hook up my strobostomp this way, but fact is the tuner on Helix works great for me.