Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M13 with External Effects without using 4 Cable Method

jjguitarplaya

I have a Line6 M13 and I would like to hook up my external effects to get the best possible
tone out of my gear. I don't know a lot about effect loops etc so anyone who could possibly
advise me, it would be greatly appreciated. Please see my gear list below:

Line6 M13
Vox AC15C1 Amp (No Effect Loop)
Ibanez TS808
Boss BD-2
Vox Wah - V847

Is it possible to hook up my external effects into the effects loop in the pedal without using the
4 cable method since my amp does not have that?

I love the tones I'm currently getting out of my M13 and the Vox amp but I would like to use my
external pedals as I like those drives better than the tones internally. Anything you can do to
help would be greatly appreciated.

• Upvote 1

Yes, you can hook them up in any order you want, really. It just depends on how you want your signal chain. Unless you want some of the M13's effects in front of your pedals, there's no reason to really use the M13's loop. If it were me, I'd probably just go Wah --> TS808 --> BD-2 --> M13 --> AC15.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much, I really appreciate your quick response. The only thing different from the chain you listed above was I did put a compressor from the M13 in front of the rest of the chain because I wanted to compress my natural guitar tone just a bit.  I've hooked it up and I'm liking what I'm hearing so far. I'm going to play with it the next couple of days and see if I can tweak it to my liking and if not I may bypass the loop all together and go with the signal chain you listed above. 

Again thank you for your input, I greatly appreciate it.