Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What amp are you digging on lately?

willjrock

if it is just a new amp i can't imagine they would model and release it so quickly apart from pis*ing off the amp manufacturer they would have to get one and model everything.. it would take a bit of time

Yes I would agree with you Shane, Guess any blues boutique anp model will do!  ;)

I've discovered the Park model. By taming the low end. I have now a preset that can do cleanish, rock and lead. I used the minautor to  britgnen the sound if needed or the Vermin dist for more nasty/cutting lead.

Really surprising. Articulate and better than many prior attempt at a versatile preset. 

I used the minautor to  britgnen the sound if needed or the Vermin dist for more nasty/cutting lead.

Funny, I usually use the Minotaur to get some lower voiced midrange and darken the sound. But with that tone filter, it can obviously work both ways. That and the Vermin are my favorite distortion blocks for very different reasons.

I really like the  Helix for everything from clean play -to- rock tones (as most of the songs I have worked on since I got the unit have been of this nature)

The metal tones I have been satisfied with (even pleased) until just a few moments ago. (once I have had a little more time with it in that context)

I am ReAmping some guitars from an older track which is a metal track using a baritone 7-string tuned to G-standard. I decided I would load up a blank patch in Helix and craft me a tone. 

15 minutes later I have arrived at one of the best guitar tones I have used period. Nothing too fancy.  808 - Archtype Lead -  Cali Q - split path using 2 HX cabs - merge before going into some room reverb. Its the absolutely best high gain rhythm tone I have ever dialed in, and done so in 15 minutes with a blank patch using the front panel interface of the Helix Rack. (I didn't even use the editor, or IRs)

The more time I spend with the Helix platform, the more impressed I get with it. It really is a great platform that keeps expanding. Keep at it Line 6!

So I would say my 2 fav amps are the.

1. Archtype Lead

2. Matchstick jumped.

Line 6 really made some stellar sounds here.

Stil using the Soldano Clean in 4cm with my amps dirt channel for live however this may be changing to the Litigator anytime soon. That amp really is great.

I still love the Plexi BRT and have recently been having good high gain results by lowering the sag and bias X on the Plexi and juicing the front with an OCD. Gets closer to my Cornford than any other amp in Helix

Also, Divided 13 amp into the allure ac30 IR with a bass cut at about 90 has some great straight ahead rock sounds to it

I've discovered the Park model. By taming the low end. I have now a preset that can do cleanish, rock and lead. I used the minautor to  britgnen the sound if needed or the Vermin dist for more nasty/cutting lead.

Really surprising. Articulate and better than many prior attempt at a versatile preset. 

This is really where my head was when starting the thread, but between my "mis", and so many good replies, the thread took on a spirit of its own, and thats cool. A lot of my fun has been in "rediscovering" some amps i had written off in the past. Im with you on the Park model.  My first tone was ok -nothing great, but the latest is quite a bit better, and very different from the first. Im finding a little deeper tone control with Helix now than what i did in my embryonic stages of use.