Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider Remote: rearranging presets

gtrman100

I just got a SV120 and downloaded the app. Linked to my Samsung S6, the app is glitchy, but operational.

Question: is there any way to drag and drop, or cut and paste presets using the app without saving to the cloud and then downloading down to the amp? It's unwieldy to have to go through all those steps to create banks of presets for gigging.

Also, I haven't found any manual for the app. Is there one?

Not really. This is one of my biggest beefs with it. Not having the ability to save your own files in your own folders and manage your own workflow. You either add it to the my tones area, cloud or unit itself. I just went through this hassle setting up my 240 for gigging. Sounded great but to prep took a long long time. I'm in 3 bands so I have to manage different set orders each week. It's a real PITA and could be so much simpler.

Keep pressing the Ideascale site for a Win /Mac editor. Should simplify things a great deal. This was I believe made off the Firehawk type apps, but those are bluetooth. Spider V amp is not BT capable so the app doesn't make much sense. Not only is the app glitchy, but often times I even have to reboot the amp to get connected. Then the app reports it was disconnected, then you start over. Ipad or Android tab or AmiDuos emulator on Surface Pro 3. They all have the same app problems.

Go to Ideascale and vote for the computer editors for Spider V. 

Not really. This is one of my biggest beefs with it. Not having the ability to save your own files in your own folders and manage your own workflow. You either add it to the my tones area, cloud or unit itself. I just went through this hassle setting up my 240 for gigging. Sounded great but to prep took a long long time. I'm in 3 bands so I have to manage different set orders each week. It's a real PITA and could be so much simpler.

Keep pressing the Ideascale site for a Win /Mac editor. Should simplify things a great deal. This was I believe made off the Firehawk type apps, but those are bluetooth. Spider V amp is not BT capable so the app doesn't make much sense. Not only is the app glitchy, but often times I even have to reboot the amp to get connected. Then the app reports it was disconnected, then you start over. Ipad or Android tab or AmiDuos emulator on Surface Pro 3. They all have the same app problems.

Go to Ideascale and vote for the computer editors for Spider V. 

Thanks for the info. It's what I thought- with an amp with this many options, a real editor is really necessary. I'll vote and hopefully there will be a solution soon.

Yeah, they need to make a sticky for this. I bet it gets hundreds or more responses. Every person I have talked with about the amps are either puzzled, or become disinterested when they discover it does not have computer editors (when every other brand does). Boss, BlackStar, Vox all do. Marshall Code did not have a computer editor, and it is Bluetooth designed. They did create pc and mac versions within a month or so after their users and potential customers responded HUH?? No editor for computers? No thanks. Let's hope Line 6 has this on their priority list.

Not everyone goes to Ideascale, and then some that do have issues finding the topic, create a new one or don't bother.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Done! noticed it's still on "in review"... maybe they are looking into it? Here's hoping! :)

It's been "In review" for a while, so yeah keep hoping. My bet is it's going to take some people outside of Line 6 to develop any third party app.

All it takes is looking at product reviews from so many online stores. So many saying it needs a computer editor even in the most positive of reviews.