Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix with Stagesource L3t Connection

newimage

You could use either.  I use the L6 link cable to the back panel.  I believe the caveat of that is that global EQ is not applied to the L6 link audio, but I find no need to use the global EQ when using the L3's in my situation.

• Upvote 1

If you're going analog I would use the back panel connections. But you have the L6 LINK digital option too. You could test it with a standard XLR cable and if you prefer the digital connection to the analog then upgrade to the recommended AES/EBU cable.

• Upvote 2

Great! Thank you! I imagine that I will want something that does not offer any choice to colour (eq) the sound as I would like only the helix to take care of that. Most likely going to use the link (no need for the EQ). At the moment I will be using th L3t as a monitor. Where are most running the line to the FOH - from the Helix or from the L3t?

Great! Thank you! I imagine that I will want something that does not offer any choice to colour (eq) the sound as I would like only the helix to take care of that. Most likely going to use the link (no need for the EQ). At the moment I will be using th L3t as a monitor. Where are most running the line to the FOH - from the Helix or from the L3t?

If you run L6 LINK out to the L3t I would use the Helix XLR out to connect to FOH so that you can take advantage of the Global EQ if you need it for FOH adjustments. 

I thought the same thing regarding the global EQ when I ventured into the FRFR world...however, you might find that as you move from one venue to another, you need to tweak things a bit. The global EQ is quite handy for that. Otherwise you're stuck going into every patch you'll use that night, and changing them all. Not my idea of fun...

When using the L3t via 6 LINK as a monitor and sending the Helix XLR to FOH, use the L3t volume controls on its back panel to control the monitor level. Don't use the Helix master volume - it also controls the FOH level.

I use the volume control on my L2m for monitor level as Silverhead advises. He is correct that by default the Helix master volume is set to 'Multi' which controls the volume of the XLR, 1/4, and digital (L6) outputs. There is a parameter however, 'Global Settings' --> Ins/Outs--> 'Volume Knob Controls' that can be set to XLR, 1/4, XLR + 1/4, or digital. If you decide you don't want the master volume to control your L6 LINK output level I believe you can use this setting to change it by making it either not control the L6 LINK volume or only control the L6 LINK volume.

• Upvote 1