Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Debris behind scribble strip LCD glass?

GazzaBloom

I have a new Helix and have had it a few days and only today removed the plastic from the LCDs and there is a small piece of something behind the plastic glass cover on one of the scribble strips about 1-2mm in size. It's large enough to notice and really bugs me.

Is there a way to easily disassemble the Helix to get this cleaned out with an air duster?

It's going back for a replacement if not!

Ahhh that China QA dept. must need a dusting...   ;)  If you can not "shake it" (or blow it) out of the way, and it bothers you then yes Id return it for another (unless yer a tech and know how to take it apart, and then it probably would void the warranty if Line 6 found out). 

It seems to me that the scribble strips on mine have always looked "dusty". It doesn't bother me when I'm playing but you can definitely see it when you're editing without the editor. Thankfully, I rarely have to make any adjustments anymore. I get the same inspiring sounds every time I play.

I don't think I've ever said that about any modeler I've ever owned.

It's fixed. I stood the Helix vertically on it's side and knocked it gently on a carpeted floor from about 2-3 inches up and when I turned it over the flake of whatever it was has gone and is no longer visible.

Plugged it in and tested, all good and working fine.

Incidentally, I had exactly the sme issue with a new Axe-FX II in 2015. The Axe is very easy to disassemble and I blew it out with an air duster.

Minor crisis averted and my OCD can restablise!