Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Proper output level settings for 4 CM

nathan217

So i am running helix in 4CM through my Orange TH30. The Orange is a line level loop from what i understand. So my thought is the 1/4 in output that feeds the Orange Return should be at line level, the send on the helix should be instrument since it is feeding the front of the amp and then the send from the amp feeding the return on the loop should be line level. Does this sound right? 

I can't see anything to indicate that your effects send/return is at line level.  It's more likely its instrument level as it is designed to take normal delay and reverb pedals.

I'd start with that assumption and see how it sounds.  Very few guitar amps have line level loops as that means only studio rack units are compatible.

I also run a Helix into a TH30 using the 4CM. I couldn't find any data to support this, but I'm pretty sure the effects loop can be run instrument level. I'm running everything instrument level with my rig and have zero problems or noticeable volume issues.