Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need help understanding m13 fx loop

Blackjaw

Purchased an m13 the other day. I want to use it mainly for delays and verbs for now. I would also like to keep bank 4 for fuzzes, screamer, and classic distortion for future consideration of dumping my external dirt boxes.

Current Chain before the m13 was purchased

Guitar>tu-2>ibanez ts9>Daredevil black yorba fuzz>line 6 m5>tc electronic spark mini>vox ac30 c2

Of course I'm ditching the m5 for the m13. I would like to take advantage of the ac30's fx loop and the m13's fx loop while also being able to continue using the ts9 and black yorba for now (the spark mini will probably not stay). I would like to do this using the 4cm. How would I set the fx loop settings on m13 and how would I chain it together? I would like to use the 4321 setting as this is how my brain sees signal flow.

Lastly, I think I read somewhere that I could leave the ts9 and black yorba on all the time and utilize the m13 to control when they are fed through the signal, Is this true? If so, how would I do this?. Thanks in advance for your patience with me as I'm a complete noob when it comes to multi effects.

• 1 month later...

hey there - hopefully you figured this out.  The 4CM works well, but I still can't understand exactly how  :P .  The best web site outlining how cables should be setup, IMO, is here: http://guitargearfinder.com/guides/use-four-cable-method/.  You can absolutely do what you've described.  First off, it sounds like you want the order of the banks reversed (most use 1>2>3>4).  There's an option for this in the setup menu.  And then you can also insert the FX loop at any point in the M13 signal chain, so after all 4 banks, or after just 1, or 2, or 3.  This gives you the option of running delays and modulation, etc., only after overdrive and distortion have been applied, either using other pedals or the front end of your amp.  

For your last question, I'm not sure you can do this.  But everything else is feasible.  HTH

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your reply. I did get it working. As far as controlling external drive pedals, it's possible by setting up a scene with the affects loop set to off, while this works, if you switch to another scene while using the loop, it activates those pedals again(of course). It would work in a non amp FX Loop scenario if everything was running in front, not my desired outcome though.