Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Studio UX2 Input signal

Hey there! Here is the deal:

Yesterday for the first time I tried recording direct input guitar using my UX2. I'm using an active guitar and the manual says specifically that in this case you need to connect your guitar to the  PAD input. I did exactly that, but the resulting wave was very small and barely audible. This makes it impossible to work with, because I can't really hear if I'm playing the part correctly and I also can't see where to crop the take.
I tried switching to the NORM pad and suddenly the result was perfect. I could  both see and hear everything very well now. But the manual says I'm supposed to be clipping if i use an active instrument with the NORM input. But I'm not. It just works. In the attachments you'll find the snapshots of both NORM and PAD input takes. What am I doing wrong? Is my interface broken? Thanks!

NORM INPUT.bmp

PAD INPUT.bmp

Are you capturing the unprocessed or processed signal?

It's totally normal for the dry to be weak, it provides more headroom for plug-ins.

I like to capture both then apply the plug-in to the dry post processing.

Either way, it is not required to use the PAD with active pups, if you are not clipping using the normal input use which is easier for your workflow.

Are you capturing the unprocessed or processed signal?

It's totally normal for the dry to be weak, it provides more headroom for plug-ins.

I like to capture both then apply the plug-in to the dry post processing.

Either way, it is not required to use the PAD with active pups, if you are not clipping using the normal input use which is easier for your workflow.

No i just use the unprocessed signal. Ok thanks for making this very clear for me. Now I see the actual idea behind the PAD input. Another thing I wanted to ask is why my clean amps sound so quite? For example when I select Blackface and turn the volume all the way up,  visually the output signal barely reaches the 70% mark. Do you think it might have something to do with my input signal? Or is it what it is supposed to be like?