Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firmware corrupt, unable to flash new one

fatgonzo

Hi. I have a bit of a problem with a JM4. When I turn the unit on, it says "NO FIRMWARE IN UNIT". followed by "INSERT SD-CARD TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE". However, firmware upgrade doesn't work. I have tried to start flashing the firware with several SD cards with several file systems, but nothing happens when I insert SD card.

The unit has no warranty left. I had the same kind of thing happen to a brand new POD HD500X when it came out. I got a replacement for that from warranty though. This looper on the other hand, having no warranty left and no way to flash..any ideas?

• 9 months later...

Hi. I have a bit of a problem with a JM4. When I turn the unit on, it says "NO FIRMWARE IN UNIT". followed by "INSERT SD-CARD TO UPGRADE FIRMWARE".

I had the same problem yesterday. I just followed the instructions provided here: http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/effects-controllers/jm4-looper/jm4-209-update-instructions-r397

and the problem was solved in two minutes. The tricky part is to find a suitable sd card (1-2gb)