Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

nithinvijay

Get an exorcist.  Your unit is possessed if the dials are changing all by themselves.  Do you live near a giant magnet factory that might be affecting your computer circuitry?  Seriously, the unit sounds broken.

Actually I had this problem on my Line6 Vetta 2.  It turned out the volume (my band is not quiet) and resulting vibration was causing the knobs to turn. To fix I put a rubber grommet on the pot shaft so that the pot knob rests on the grommet and the increased friction made turning the knob much more difficult.

It may also be caused by dirt/grit beneath the knobs and around the shaft. Small vibrations can cause the device to think you've turned a knob so it goes into edit mode.

An easy fix might be to vigorously and quickly rotate each knob back and forth through its full range a few dozen times. This could loosen and dislodge any dirt that's causing the problem. You could also use a Pot Cleaner solution, but make sure it's designed for the purpose. Don't use a general household lubricant like WD-40.

Put all knobs except the Master to zero position when playing live or at rehearsals.

Don't save the patch! Choose another preset just to get back.

There is some tolerance in the knobs at zero, so they won't move virtually.

If you park your knobs this way they will not move by themselves anymore.

But it's a shame that L6 does not allow us to block these controls temporary in the global settings