Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Full Volume When in Front of Amp (No Effects Loop)?

Chuck10989

Hi All:
I have a Fender Pro Junior.  No effects loop so Firehawk is going into front of amp.

I am attempting to optimize this setup.  Definitely think it should be on amp, not line, mode.  Also think it is best to have a setting with no amp (under clean) and just use the effects.  Do you guys find it is best to have the Firehawk cranked (i.e., full volume out) when in a similar setup?  Other tips when using Firehawk as effect board only?

I do as Kinglerxt with my Fender Mustang 3 with the output at around 30%.  If I go too high on the output (input to the amp in amp mode), I will get a bit of fludder in the driver.  I can still turn up the amp to a ear bleeding level, but I think the input to the amp is too high.

My Peavey ValveKing will take the 75% input and drive like no tomorrow.  Punchy and aggressive with the 2x12 Carvin drivers.  It sound amazing for a cheap tube amp.  I run it on the clean channel with amp modeling and no cab sim.  I don't like the dirty channel so much on the Peavey, so I sim a Plexi or AC30 or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget that on Firehawk, the guitar volume is controllable separate to the overall volume output, in order to mix it in with any music you are streaming.  Guitar vol is usually set lower than the unit volume.

Press the large volume button to get to the white volume lights and check that the guitar is turned up as well.