Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can a Spider V 240 play a wired guitar + a G10T guitar at the same time?

Guest MikeCal

Guest MikeCal

I know the Spider V 240 has a built in receiver for the G10T wireless transmitter.  When you've got a guitar connected with the G10T, can you have a second guitar plugged in to the normal input via a guitar cable?  Or does connecting via the G10T disable the cable input?

I'm looking for a way to connect two guitars to the amp when practicing with my son.  Yes, I know about inexpensive Mixers and ABY switches and even Y cables, but I'm considering getting the G10T anyway.  If using one allows a second musician to plug into the amp with a cable, that gives me another excuse to buy it.

While we're on the subject, does the G10T recharge by plugging into the amp somewhere, or does it come with a separate charger?

Thanks,

Mike

Guest mikecalligaro@hotmail.com

Thank you, Antmax.  Bummer, though.  I guess I'll just go with a cheap Y cable and not use this as an excuse to get a G10T.

Mike

Guest MikeCal

I went to my local Guitar Center today and confirmed that when you plug a cable into the Spider V 240 it disconnects the G10T.  Too bad.  On the good side, I confirmed that the G10T charges when you plug it in to the Input plug on the amp, though.  That's pretty cool. 

Mike