Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Celestion Impulse Responses! Free Downloads!!

MusicLaw

Ha, yeah that's smart!!!  Glad to see it.

Now amp and effects manufacturers should be able to publish their own amp models...get out the dev kit Line 6 :)

Ah well, I guess IR's are platform-agnostic and studio friendly.

Edit...I subscribed and downloaded the one free IR, a V30 mix.  Pretty cool.  Really neutral-sounding.  Not too much thump or edge.  It's probably very versatile.  Sort of reminds me of Helix cabs before you tune them with parametric eq, different mics, dual cabs, etc.

Double Edit...found the free download page for this IR.  It's a 1x12...no wonder it's not thumpin' ;)

https://www.celestionplus.com/free-download/

We wanted a classic guitar tone that would work from clean to higher gain rock. Cenzo selected the Vintage 30 in the closed back 1×12 cab and blended the balanced IRs of the Royer and 57 to get a fantastic core tone. Switching to an open back cab he mixed in the rear 57 to enhance the bass, then subtly included the Neumann room mics to add the spaciousness of an open back cab, and provide the glue to hold it all together.

Downloaded the Cenzo Townshend free IR pack, and was going to ask a question here regarding which sample rate file would be ideal to use.  Then I got my lazy butt to open the owner's manual pdf (exhausting, I know) and found this.   Thought I'd leave this here in case any other newbies like me download this pack and aren't sure of the IR geek specs.  Cheers!

"The Helix app updates the Helix hardware's IR list automatically. Helix can load
and store up to 128 IRs at a time. 48kHz, 16-bit, mono, .WAV type IRs of up to
2,048 samples are natively supported. But the
Helix app allows you to import IR
.WAV files of different sample rate,bit depth,length and stereo format,and the
app will convert these attributes automatically before sending to the Helix hardware."

Just bought the V30 412 pack for $6 since there is 50% off single pack coupon NAMM17.  Really nice, smooth and consistent IR's that play really well with Helix.  Seems like a really controlled, methodical creation process.  Leaves a lot of sound control for the Helix amp controls and effects/eq blocks.

They give you 3 cab mics with 6 IR's each; Balanced, Bright, Dark, Dark 2, Fat and Thin

• Shure SM57
  • Royer R-121
  • Sennheiser MD421

3 Neumann CTLM 107 room IR's; stereo, left and right.

12 mic mixes, 6 hi-gain and 6 lo-gain. The 421+121 is great!

Great logic and organization, and not too many files and options.  Like a cross between 3Sigma and Ownhammer.

Soundwise, these Celestion are a bit more controlled and predictable IR to IR than say my Ownhammer California Duo pack.  The Ownhamer has a more enhanced sound, maybe due to their "neutral tube amp" capture process.  However, the Celestions are easily "enhanced" with a parametric eq after them.

I will say these Celestions had a great natural sound with good presence and cut coming through my JBL Eon 515xt in monitor mode.  I think they would make great live IR's.  Not that the Ownhammers are not great by any means, but the Celestions sounded very natural at gig volume through an angled 15" monitor pointed at my head.  My Ownhammers can be a bit boomy, or have some odd frequencies with that JBL if I don't tweak them.

All in all, I think I would highly recommend them, especially to those new to Helix & IR's.  You can get a great sound quickly and intuitively.

• Upvote 1

Case in point, I'm sure they'll sound great, proving nothing ;)

Really what I meant was that I wish I had more of a gut level feel for them, like you guys who've been swapping out speakers forever. Not me. Last time I changed the speakers in a guitar amp was back in high school, when I reworked the braces inside my old smaller Bassman cab so I could fit 2 JBL 15s in there. Thing screamed.

But I've never played any of those Celestions, even though I know they're classics.

Can you use that 50%of coupon for more than one single pack, do you think?

Can you use that 50%of coupon for more than one single pack, do you think?

I cant seem to use the coupon again.  I get this message...

"Coupon usage limit has been reached."

However, I went to the site in IE logged out and I am able to apply the coupon to multiple cabs.  I logged in to check out and the coupon was removed with this message...

"Sorry, it seems the coupon "namm17" is invalid - it has now been removed from your order".

So I guess if you want multiple different single cab packs, get them in a batch the first time.

But there is an announcement covering new developments for Helix (in the schedule for NAMM) and thanks to a little leak we know that some of it relate to IR's in Helix and 65Amps.  from the thread on TheGearPage

So today on "Lunch with Dan", Dan dropped the bomb that he's been working on impulse responses recently for the Helix.

There will be preview package for this stuff at NAMM.

If you're on this thread...You probably know who Dan Boul is... Or at least what a "65Amps" product is. Dude knows tone(s).

Helix is going be improving a bit SOON.

So  . ..  I checked out the IRs on the Celestion Digital Downloads web site,  found two to try . . . Entered the info on what I wanted and applied the CODE NAMM17 for the 50% off and . . . . it shows full price of $29.99 for each . . . and . . I can not find anywhere on their site to set up a "log on" account.

Can anyone point me in the right direction . . . I must be missing something.

Thanks.  Bo Baker

So I finally figured it out:   The FULL price is $60 for a "bundle" ( 5 cabs ) and the 50% discount makes it $29.99.  which is the amount showing on the web site.  So they are showing the price after the 50% discount.  To me a $60 price seems to be hight base on the others I have purchased.

So,  Now I'll give them a try

And you have to go through the entire purchase procedure before you can set up a new account.  No way to start a new account without going to the "Check out" screen .  Wow!

hmm we had official word that there is no update coming at the moment..i thought.

No, we had official word that we wouldn't be able to download any new firmware by the time of NAMM. Maybe it'll be ready some time after NAMM, but we'll know more about what's coming, and also, it'll explain why Line 6 has waited to implement at "smoother" way of dealing with the whole backup / update process. I hope that we're all wiser later today ;)

Check these out!! Just in time for NAMM!!

Free Download and Coupon Offer

https://www.celestionplus.com

Downloaded last night; thanks for the link!

But there is an announcement covering new developments for Helix (in the schedule for NAMM) and thanks to a little leak we know that some of it relate to IR's in Helix and 65Amps.  from the thread on TheGearPage

So today on "Lunch with Dan", Dan dropped the bomb that he's been working on impulse responses recently for the Helix.

There will be preview package for this stuff at NAMM.

If you're on this thread...You probably know who Dan Boul is... Or at least what a "65Amps" product is. Dude knows tone(s).

Helix is going be improving a bit SOON.

Well that's intriguing!

Just tried the the Allure pack and they sound great as well.  It is great to see Line 6 provide some free IR's themselves of some great sample cabs.

This could really help a new Helix user struggling with the HX cabs that is not familiar with IR's...i.e. me this time last year.

I personally do like the Celestion V30 412 pack better than the Allure V30, but quality is equal.  It's just personal taste.  The a dual 412 Cali V30 HX Cab with dual mics and the right parametric eq settings is on par with both.  It ALL good :)

I tried the new Celestion V30. It's only one mix - not that impressed personally.

I keep going back to Redwirez after all IRs I tried. Don't know exactly what it is but they still feel and sound the best to me and I like to have the option to finetune by mixing my own IRs with MixIR.

I tried the new Celestion V30. It's only one mix - not that impressed personally.

I keep going back to Redwirez after all IRs I tried. Don't know exactly what it is but they still feel and sound the best to me and I like to have the option to finetune by mixing my own IRs with MixIR.

Can MixIR export an IR of your mix? In otherwords, can you have two IRs in parallel in MixIR and then generate a single IR of the combination that could then be loaded into Helix?

Can MixIR export an IR of your mix? In otherwords, can you have two IRs in parallel in MixIR and then generate a single IR of the combination that could then be loaded into Helix?

Yes, you can insert any combination you like and then export as a single .wav file in the desired length. You can even save your settings and open than later for further tweaking.

Yes, you can insert any combination you like and then export as a single .wav file in the desired length. You can even save your settings and open than later for further tweaking.

Outstanding! I think I'll have to have that. Now to figure out whether it makes more sense to buy it or complete the Big Box and get it for free...

Thanks for the info!

• 1 year later...