Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How do you record Spider V to IOS?

Explorer766

I just got the V 240 and recall reading you can record into any IOS recording software. I tried on GarageBand and no luck (yet). Any IOS app recommendations? Does the included Cubase LE have an IOS version? Or is this a mistatement of the product description? If I can't record to IOS this isn't going to work for me. Thanks.

Pretty sure recording option is Mac Win. Might be a mis-statement just like the editor was mis-stated as being mobile only. Many retailer videos said usb for Mac Win Android and iOS editors and applications. They probably never tried it to verify. There is no iOS Cubase LE app AFAIK , but you can buy Cubase iC Pro for iPad.

In windows you can record the guitar so long as you have the ASIO drivers available on the Line 6 support site installed. It only records the guitar, not any computer audio like backing tracks that you are sending through USB. 

ASIO is a third party low latency audio streaming format in Windows. I think OSX has something similar built into the OS, Line 6 might have simply left it to it's own devices. Check the line 6 support site just in case there are extra utilities, drivers etc for the Mac.

UPDATE: Just looked. There are only firmware updates for OSX, nothing else.

In windows you can record the guitar so long as you have the ASIO drivers available on the Line 6 support site installed. It only records the guitar, not any computer audio like backing tracks that you are sending through USB. 

ASIO is a third party low latency audio streaming format in Windows. I think OSX has something similar built into the OS, Line 6 might have simply left it to it's own devices. Check the line 6 support site just in case there are extra utilities, drivers etc for the Mac.

UPDATE: Just looked. There are only firmware updates for OSX, nothing else.

That's been the problem since the rollout. Users have bought these units thinking they do support these things. All they have on the sites are "has connectivity for Mac Win, iOS, and Android" so there is an assumption editors are available for all, and recording streams are for all OS's. Then users discover their amp does not record to iOS, their editor is not supported in Mac or Win. So you get a bunch of people disappointed and returning the product.

• Upvote 1