Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native

Peckanina

I'm guessing, but I don't think the license will be tied to Helix in any way, but to the computer it's being used on.

I've read 4 device licence, but the discount should also be for any registered Helix. I guess they'll need some way of preventing customers buying a Helix, registering, getting the discount and then returning the hardware.

We've been extremely transparent from the get go: "Spring 2017." So any time before June 20, provided we hit our target.

I thought I heard mention of February in one of the forum topics. But I guess that's why spring is called spring - it can be short, or it can stretch out much longer :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Earlier on in this thread there was talk about the Helix Control unit..

...and the fact that it has a USB socket - which the manual says is "reserved for potential future use"

If Line 6 do make a USB driver it would be super awesome to be able to use Helix control both for Helix Native, but also as a regular MIDI controller with other apps. 

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Spring passed

Line 6 promise that realese helix native at the end of spring

We are waiting for it

Uh, the first day of spring was less than two weeks ago... Doesn't end until June.

Spring passed

Line 6 promise that realese helix native at the end of spring

We are waiting for it

Someone needs to learn the solstices/equinoxes. Hell, I mean they are the very basis for most religions' major holidays. It is Winter that just ended a week, and a half ago.

When I got abandoned by Line 6 after upgrading my Pro Tools rig to version 12 and could no longer use my beloved Pod Farm, I was furious, but quickly found a new home in Bias FX. I really like it, but I have no doubt the Helix plug in will be substantially better. Just take my money...again.

When I got abandoned by Line 6 after upgrading my Pro Tools rig to version 12 and could no longer use my beloved Pod Farm, I was furious, but quickly found a new home in Bias FX. I really like it, but I have no doubt the Helix plug in will be substantially better. Just take my money...again.

from what you just said it's the Apple Inc. which needs to learn what backwards compatibility is ;-)

Uh, the first day of spring was less than two weeks ago... Doesn't end until June.

Moreover, we were promised 2.20 in February and got it very end of March so I won't hold my breath for this one (yes, I need want it, badly). That said, my estimates for our own IT projects' timelines suck as well. That's why I support L6's "no release date given" policy... ;)

Moreover, we were promised 2.20 in February and got it very end of March so I won't hold my breath for this one

Funny, I don't recall any promises, just a hopeful projection. 

But then again I'm just a user that's grateful for an evolving platform that I don't have to continue paying into to benefit from future improvement.

Funny, I don't recall any promises, just a hopeful projection. 

But then again I'm just a user that's grateful for an evolving platform that I don't have to continue paying into to benefit from future improvement.

I'm not one caring much for word play so will let everybody to make their own opinion whether "Available in February" is a promise or not. I'm definitely not angry with L6 delivering later and my post was meant as very neutral in its sentiment, understanding it's impossible to predict timelines accurately. I'm very happy with Helix in general and with the firmware updates we're getting. At the same time I don't feel like we own anything to L6 for these as it's a business-customer relation and we paid (quite a lot, actually) to get into that relation :)

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

dLJsI9QBbM8jS.gif

Well, I see...

But maybe (I mean maybe, kids) it would be fine if L6 keeps working on

quality tools...

Good things need time to ripen, I guess - just a thought ;)

By the way:

http://line6.com/support/forum/90-helix-native/

Oh yes, I fully appreciate that these things take time... I'm a software developer myself, so I have some idea about the amount of work that goes into a polished product.

Doesn't mean I won't be checking twice a day to see if it's out yet :) I want it to re-record some songs, and I want to get going with that asap. Re-amping is too involved for me, I'm a real-time tweaking kind of guy.

Also, for Line 6, it's good that people are hyped up about / talking about an upcoming product.

More incentive to get a Helix!

If Helix Native is stellar in sound quality compared to other software MultiFX it is going to bring hoards and who wouldnt want to take what they use in the Studio out live.

To me it pushes the Helix into the Kemper territory not in profiling but in what can be created then used on the road!

Truly groundbreaking even though you were the first to do it back in the day! Kudos Line 6

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder how many instances of Helix Native could be used in one DAW session. That could be a LOT of horsepower! If only we knew when in June this will be released... if it is in June (pretty please!). Likewise, I'm hoping it will work with all DAW's, including MOTU's Audio Desk.

I wonder how many instances of Helix Native could be used in one session. That could be a LOT of horsepower!

I think I recall DI saying a while back that it would be only limited by computer processing power, or whatever would be actually practical to use.

I wonder how many instances of Helix Native could be used in one DAW session...

I would say that if you're expecting to have as many Helix Native instances running as, say, comps or EQs, then I think you might be disappointed, because there is NO way that an FX block with 32 possible blocks is going to be as light on processing power as those.

For me, I would just freeze tracks in Logic, so I'm only using one or two at any time, and only during recording.

Can't wait to find out what my workflow will look like with this.

I am very interested i the Helix VST.  I am a Cubase user and my main guitar sound for recording has been Scuffham which I love.  I own a POD XT pro, ut generally stopped using L6 plugins for the tone generation when I started using Scuffham, Guitar Rig and even Waves GTR.  But, I love using the POD Farm 2 effects for my guitar, and I am very keen to use Helix VST as I imagine i will find it very useful.

$399 isn't going to happen for me, if they do the upgrade from POD Farm 2 for close to the $99 ($150 etc) then I'll get it, but I'll live without it at $399 as I think that's excessive.

But I agree with another users, I loved using L6 stuff from the early days, then went away for a bit, but this Helix is bringing me back.  Good work. :-)

but I'll live without it at $399 as I think that's excessive.

The $99.00 price for us (currently registered Helix owners) was an incentive to purchase and a much-appreciated price. Well, like you I thought the same thing about the last Komplete Ultimate upgrade. They sold tons of the upgrades anyway while I did without. And I even had the last version. Oh well to each his/her own I guess.  ;)