Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native

Peckanina

This coming soon and Spring release caused me to start demoing the latest in Amp sims and I decided to upgrade from Amplitude2 before HD500 to Amplitude 4. Am happy using it with my HD500. Can't imagine Native will be required now but willing to demo it out. No rush.

There are plenty of good ones now.

The question is will Native replace the popularity of PodFarm?

As of yesterday, we have the non-lettered (customer-facing release) 1.00 build. We're letting it soak for a few more days just in case. If all goes well, and I had to guess, you'll see it sometime next week.

Thanks DI- Appreciate the info!

As of yesterday, we have the non-lettered (customer-facing release) 1.00 build. We're letting it soak for a few more days just in case. If all goes well, and I had to guess, you'll see it sometime next week.

That`s great to hear dear DI... Are you willing to shed some light on the new 2.30 firmware update or do we have to fasten the straps in our straight jackets for a couple more weeks? It`s getting difficult to come by every week that goes by... 

• Downvote 1

Just hope it isn't on a Windows 10 machine and Microsoft force an update with mandatory reboot when you are not looking.... :angry:

All automatic updates can be disabled in Win10.

If you have the Pro version, the Group Policy Editor makes is easy to shut down annoying components (Cortana, etc).

If the person configuring the machine knows what they're doing, Win10 is an excellent DAW platform.

• Upvote 2

So would I be right in saying that if one has a 32bit installation of Windows 10 they are unable to use Native?

If you're still using a 32-bit operating system in 2017 you're a bad person and should feel bad... :D

• Upvote 1

T

All automatic updates can be disabled in Win10.

If you have the Pro version, the Group Policy Editor makes is easy to shut down annoying components (Cortana, etc).

If the person configuring the machine knows what they're doing, Win10 is an excellent DAW platform.

This doesn't always work from what I understand, and it also is not available in the non-pro version, correct?

T

This doesn't always work from what I understand, and it also is not available in the non-pro version, correct?

It always works...

You can even shut down notifications... including the annoying prep for Founders Update.

The Pro version has the Group Policy Editor (Home version does not).  That makes it quick/easy to shut-down (or re-enable) features like One Drive and Cortana.

You can do the same things in the Home version (but all has to be done in the Registry).

You *can* run 32Bit applications on Win10x64...

But they're limited to addressing 4GB of RAM.

If you're using virtual-instruments, that's extremely limiting.

ie: If running Superior Drummer 2, the full kits (~1.5GB) load/stream from RAM.

Using VIs, it doesn't take long to blow thru 4GB of RAM.

You can do the same things in the Home version (but all has to be done in the Registry).

Anything that can "only be done in the Registry" or, on Mac only in Terminal, makes me laugh.

It's freakin' 2017 and you are making me do command line?

Some of us just want to use computers, not program them.

If you're still using a 32-bit operating system in 2017 you're a bad person and should feel bad... :D

I prioritised buying an extra Helix LT before buying a new PC., because I got impatient waiting for Native Now I'm regretting that decision lol. Any UK people want a slightly used Helix LT?

Anything that can "only be done in the Registry" or, on Mac only in Terminal, makes me laugh.

It's freakin' 2017 and you are making me do command line?

Some of us just want to use computers, not program them.

Many folks feel the same.

From a DAW performance perspective, there's no difference between Home and Pro...

But the convenience of gpedit.msc is easily worth the extra $40.

We're very close. As of yesterday afternoon, all Helix Native 1.0 bugs have been squashed. ....

I expect that means that all serious bugs, those that would prevent the initial release, have been squashed. Unless this is the first totally bug free release of complex software in the history of computers there will probably still be some minor bugs to be found.

(Just trying to help manage expectations 😉😀)

It always works...

You can even shut down notifications... including the annoying prep for Founders Update.

The Pro version has the Group Policy Editor (Home version does not).  That makes it quick/easy to shut-down (or re-enable) features like One Drive and Cortana.

Just downloaded the W10 Enterprise 1703.  A 2-iso add-on pack is also available.  Did first install the other day.  Will see what really is the difference & yes, Pro and/or Enterprise does make a difference concerning better system functionality and control ....

PowerShell anyone? :blink:

Now about that Native ,,,