Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native

Peckanina

I googled this topic and found nothing: what will the system requirements for Helix Native be?  I have an iMac (several years old) with Mac OSX 10.9.5.  I now wonder if my OSX is going to work.

Give us more info (Go to "About this Mac" under the Apple and tell us what it says there) and we can help you.

Give us more info (Go to "About this Mac" under the Apple and tell us what it says there) and we can help you.

EDIT::::  See my second post for answer!!!!

Go to the line6 web site - download the user manual and at the end it gives you the required specs for Apple and Windows.  I don't know Apple but it sounds like you may need to upgrade.  For windows it's  Windows 7.

Bo

OK  here you go - straight from the manual

System Requirements To follow are the requirements to install and use Helix Native on your DAW computer system. Note that Helix Native is a 64-bit plug-in and, therefore, requires that your host DAW application supports 64-bit plug-ins. Mac Computers: • Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11 & macOS 10.12 • 64-bit AAX Native, Audio Units (AU), VST3 or VST2 host DAW software • Supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz Windows Computers: • Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, & Windows 10 (64-bit only) • 64-bit AAX Native, VST3 or VST2 host DAW software • Supported sample rates: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz Minimum Hardware Requirements • Dual-Core 2.0GHz processor or faster • 4GB of RAM • 100MB of free disk space • Internet connection required for license authorization (and for trial version)

Bo

I'm disappointed in the answer, but thank you guys for answering my question.  I think I will try Helix hardware before I go through the hassle of updating my OSX.  If I like the hardware sound, then I'd know it's worth the OSX update.  I only need software, and it costs way less.

Wednesday, 16. August, 2017

5:00am PDT

EDIT: Sheesh, guys, this is CLEARLY the release date and time for Helix Native. If I thought there'd be any question whatsoever I would've written:

"Here we all are in the Helix Native thread, so logically, here's a post about Helix Native. I'm going to post a date and a time and that date and time will correspond with when Helix Native will be available to download from our servers. This date and time (again, when Helix Native will be available to download from our servers) is tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, at 5 o'clock in the morning, Pacific Daylight Time. So if you want to download Helix Native from our servers, the earliest you'll be able to do so is tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, at 5 o'clock in the morning, Pacific Daylight Time. Here's a link to a time zone converter."

[...]

EDIT: Sheesh, guys, this is CLEARLY the release date and time for Helix Native. If I thought there'd be any question whatsoever I would've written:

"Here we all are in the Helix Native thread, so logically, here's a post about Helix Native. I'm going to post a date and a time and that date and time will correspond with when Helix Native will be available to download from our servers. This date and time (again, when Helix Native will be available to download from our servers) is tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, at 5 o'clock in the morning, Pacific Daylight Time. So if you want to download Helix Native from our servers, the earliest you'll be able to do so is tomorrow, Wednesday, August 16th, 2017, at 5 o'clock in the morning, Pacific Daylight Time. Here's a link to a time zone converter."

Ha ha. Were you ever a jaded transactional attorney in a former career?

I might be cross threading this post but everyone else on here seems to be discussing Native

Hmmm!

Paid for it (nobody mentioned the extra $20 Tax)

Installed it - no problem.

Gave a first run - log into my details

BUT

For some weird reason it seems to be registered as a trial version, although PayPal sent me a receipt for the transaction.

Any clues as to what is going - see attached pix

post-46699-0-30590700-1502887505_thumb.jpg

post-46699-0-01391000-1502887523_thumb.jpg