Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Native

Peckanina

....looks to me , at least , that the server kids have resolved the authorization issues that's been bugging some of us..My copy is now magically undemoed! Thanks Line 6 folks , lookd like y'all might have a bit of a game changer here...!

Lots of gateway error 504's (every man and his dog must've been trying to get it)... finally downloaded, installed no problem. Working in MOTU Digital Performer 9.13. If I wasn't jobless, I'd buy it now. I'm hoping that when I buy it, I don't have to keep signing in every time I want to use this plugin. My internet connection isn't particularly great....

Wow!

Just Fantastic - Great Job Line 6!!! :)

Just installed on my OS X Sierra Mac Pro machine and did a test run with my various DAW packages

Worked perfectly in ProTools 12, MOTU Performer 9, Latest version of Logic, and Cubase. I was able to import all the set lists from my Helix Floor unit as well as all my impulses and insert them in some of my projects. (Usually where I was using POD Farm2.5). Simply amazing sound and matches very closely what I hear through my studio monitors with the floor board.

Kudos! This is an outstanding product

Literally just took my 5 minutes to get Native up and running. I did the trail version first. I need to figure out how to get rid of the latencey. Using Studio One 3 and Audiobox USB from PreSonus.

Nevermind... I reduced the buffer size of the Audiobox to 128. Fixed.

Just downloaded the Helix Native plugin demo...went to try it and was asked to sign in to my Line6.com account. I've tried 20 times now to sign in and it is not working. I double checked and even reset my password just in case...still no access to the plugin. Logging in to Line6.com with the same info is working without a problem. Anyone else having this issue?

Guys, i had the same problem. It was driving me nuts. The solution is quite simple:

There is a diffrence between your line6.com username and your line6.com Email Adress.

You have to sign in with your username and NOT with your mailadress.

To see your username, check you "personal info" on the line6.com page:

https://line6.com/account/personalinfo/

Hope that helps.

• Upvote 4

Assuming you already tried after a fresh reboot, I would definitely open a support ticket, 

Are you launching Triple Play in 64bit mode?

good news is I had backups of my system drive and once restored the problem with plugin crashing disappeared

bad news is I don't have a clue what might had gone wrong...

I paid for - but only when I go offline, Native complains (can't connect to DSP)...

Did you authorize the license? If you are still in the trial mode you need an internet connection. Line6 was having some authorization hiccups on their end

Literally just took my 5 minutes to get Native up and running. I did the trail version first. I need to figure out how to get rid of the latencey. Using Studio One 3 and Audiobox USB from PreSonus.

Yup latency is an issue for me too. Most noticable with clean tones.

Please join in: http://line6.com/support/topic/28208-zero-latency-with-helix-native/

Helix Native Plugin is authorized.

I Can replicate this behaviour:

Online: Everything's fine

('You have a valid Helix Native license that does not expire')

Offline: Message in orange letters ' Failed to connect to DSP engine

(Unknown communication error

'

Try signing out within Helix Native restart your DAW and sign back in.

Did it.

Same result.

When Computer is offline (WLAN Stick disconnected), it behaves like ' not initialized '.

As soon as the internet connection is established, it all works fine.

Downloaded and installed on my system.  Cubase 9, windows 10 pro 64.  The VST3 version crashes when trying to insert the VST into a channel.  The VST2 version doesn't crash but bring up\ tiny little window that can't be expanded so I am unable to use the plugin.  I've restarted, reinstalled etc.  This is a fresh reinstall of Windows as well (maybe 1 week old).

• Upvote 1

Did it.

Same result.

When Computer is offline (WLAN Stick disconnected), it behaves like ' not initialized '.

As soon as the internet connection is established, it all works fine.

Call Line6 or raise a support ticket, however, I suspect it is a temporary situation.

Loving it.... but man, do I need a new interface.
Anyone else here dealing with white noise or got some gain staging tips?
My input level is between -36 and -24 for whatever that's worth, because I thought maybe I was hitting it too hard.

I'm using a Komplete Audio 6 and my sounds are either too quiet, or too noisey. It's un-noticeable with gain sounds, but it's killing my cleans.
Haven't had the problem with hardware Helix, so I'm assuming it's the interface, although, I did you my Helix floor, and still had the same problem. 
Perhaps Ableton's at fault?

Loving it.... but man, do I need a new interface.

Anyone else here dealing with white noise or got some gain staging tips?

My input level is between -36 and -24 for whatever that's worth, because I thought maybe I was hitting it too hard.

I'm using a Komplete Audio 6 and my sounds are either too quiet, or too noisey. It's un-noticeable with gain sounds, but it's killing my cleans.

Haven't had the problem with hardware Helix, so I'm assuming it's the interface, although, I did you my Helix floor, and still had the same problem. 

Perhaps Ableton's at fault?

I just switched to Cubase... and the noise is gone.

Now, the only difference besides this being Cubase and not Ableton is that this is the VST version of Native.

Ableton won't find the VST version of it for some reason, so I've had to use the AU version of Native there instead.

EDIT: Just read that the AU version is the only one supported in Ableton. Whoops!

Not sure if or why that would make a difference in the noise floor, but for some reason it has.

Edited by sunnyhaair

It would be nice if it would run on at least one of my computers;

system one 64 I5 16 gig ram win 7 64

system 2 64 i7 32 gig ram win 7 64

system 3 macbook 64 i5 8 gig ram macos (Latest version)

I would buy it in a heartbeat to go with my helix but if it won't run on over $6000 worth of computer equipment Why? Please help!

thx for the info data,

since triryche said it's a temporary situation i will just keep calm and wait for a solution to show up. 15 days left until i start to worry :-)

oh and by the way, i too have both the native and the native trial version in the coloumn of my purchase history.

problem magically solved.

Yeah, RS is not an ASIO device.

Gave up on the RS cable and decided to use my ZOOM R16 as the audio interface. After a bit of a Google I got it all working - still the slightest hint of latency, but maybe there is more fiddling to be done. Quite usable.