Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix FW 2.20 (The "Get Low" Update) OUT NOW

Digital_Igloo

Hey guys,

I apologize if the following question has been answered already: With the bass effects/amps, are there some/any that can used for guitar as well? (Such as the B7K, and the Battering Ram)

I would say you can always try them. I've tried some if the bass amps we currently have with guitar and there are usable ones. Mostly for cleans.

Hey guys,

I apologize if the following question has been answered already: With the bass effects/amps, are there some/any that can used for guitar as well? (Such as the B7K, and the Battering Ram)

As brue58ski said above me, it doesn't hurt to try. I have a hardware bass DI from MXR which is fairly similar to the Darkglass, and it actually gives a pretty useable super-clean tone. A very fender-y type tonestack feel, but with pretty much no drive. I can only assume the darkglass would be able to achieve the same result

Lots of things to fix still, but we might... sneak in a... multiband compressor... to placate you guys just in case we can't hit the end of this month. So far, we're still on schedule but it's gonna be tight.

Oh, and the TAP switch flashes blue now when Helix is slaved to external clock. That was Sam's idea.

• Upvote 4

Lots of things to fix still, but we might... sneak in a... multiband compressor... to placate you guys just in case we can't hit the end of this month. So far, we're still on schedule but it's gonna be tight.

Oh, and the TAP switch flashes blue now when Helix is slaved to external clock. That was Sam's idea.

The tap light colour change was a good idea - helpful visual feedback.

Another vote for this getting fixed ASAP.

We'll hopefully have a feature complete version for QA this week. Then it's continued testing and bug fixing, which isn't a small effort.

I did create a ticket with complete detail on this to make sure it wasn't already being addressed.  If it is then great.  If not I wanted to make sure it had a support ticket with information.

Dennis

Nice!  Any chance of a multiband noise gate someday?

• Upvote 1

The Bad News: We more than likely won't be hitting the February cutoff for Helix FW 2.20. In creating Variax Workbench support and MIDI Clock, we realized there were fundamental code changes required to make future development of the platform faster, easier, and more stable.

The Good News: 2.20 will now include three additional models we didn't announce at NAMM:

• Dynamics > 3-Band Comp (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original multiband compressor
  • Modulation > PlastiChorus (Mono, Stereo), based on* the modded Arion SCH-Z chorus
  • Pitch/Synth > 3 Note Generator (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original—similar to 2.20's 4 OSC Generator, except you can select pitches via note instead of Hz (and even glide between two notes over time)

For those keeping score, 2.20 will now include 6 new amps, 7 new Hybrid cabs, and 9 new effects. Ben and Sam have already begun creating models for 2.30.

There's no official timeline for release but unless something totally blows up, March for sure.

• Upvote 7

The Bad News: We more than likely won't be hitting the February cutoff for Helix FW 2.20. In creating Variax Workbench support and MIDI Clock, we realized there were fundamental code changes required to make future development of the platform faster, easier, and more stable.

The Good News: 2.20 will now include three additional models we didn't announce at NAMM:

• Modulation > PlastiChorus (Mono, Stereo), based on* the modded Arion SCH-Z chorus
  • Pitch/Synth > 3 Note Generator (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original—similar to 2.20's 4 OSC Generator, except you can select pitches via note instead of Hz (and even glide between two notes over time)

For those keeping score, 2.20 will now include 6 new amps, 7 new Hybrid cabs, and 9 new effects. Ben and Sam have already begun creating models for 2.30.

There's no official timeline for release but unless something totally blows up, March for sure.

As long as the updates are free take your time! I'll take a quality update over a rushed one any day!

• Upvote 5

As long as the updates are free take your time! I'll take a quality update over a rushed one any day!

Agreed! Plus given the amount you're adding in this update (and the cost) there's really no room to complain about a short delay. Cheers guys.

This, so much this. I wish game publishers would realize this, and let the devs release the game once its finished, not release it half-assed trying to patch it for the next 7 months.  Take FF15 as an example. 

Thanks DI looking forward to it, you guys at line 6 are awesome and I"m sure 2.20 will be the best update yet! From what i"m reading future updates will be more efficient and stable which is awesome news! 

Well, as long as it all works, that will be just fine.

Although, I think the real reason for the delay is that Line 6 are working on perfecting that elusive Andy Summers "MIB" tone, for that lunatic who keeps posting about it.

Oh, yeah - and a tuner in the editor for Spikey! 😜

• Upvote 1

Another good news: February is the shortest month ;)

Again: I prefer stable stuff, thanks for working on it :wub:

• Dynamics > 3-Band Comp (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original multiband compressor
  • Modulation > PlastiChorus (Mono, Stereo), based on* the modded Arion SCH-Z chorus
  • Pitch/Synth > 3 Note Generator (Mono, Stereo), Line 6 Original—similar to 2.20's 4 OSC Generator, except you can select pitches via note instead of Hz (and even glide between two notes over time)

For those keeping score, 2.20 will now include 6 new amps, 7 new Hybrid cabs, and 9 new effects. Ben and Sam have already begun creating models for 2.30

Great news the multi band compressor should be a great addition and give us a lot more options and a much better overall tone!

Great news the multi band compressor should be a great addition and give us a lot more options and a much better overall tone!

Especially if the MB Compressor has a "stereo separation/merge" parameter for each band.   Could keep your lows in the center, and the mids normal position, and highs more out to the side. Of course this is mainly for people who use stereo rigs, or use the Helix in the studio.

It would only take up 3 knobs: Have the parameter 0 in center (no change) - clockwise merges, counter clockwise separates... 1 knob for each band. 

• Upvote 1

Ben and Sam have already begun creating models for 2.30.

It would be cool to see more models from the M-series pedals, such as the Attack Synth and other synth patches. I think the new synth stuff sounds great, but very limited. I use the Attack Synth to get "Time is running out" bass line. I'm sure over time, more and more M-series effects and new will be incorporated into the Helix.

really looking forward to more bass options, both multi band compressor, and phaser are cool,however I'm wondering why line 6 keeps releasing new pitch models instead of working on polyphonic pitch shifting??? Seriously!!! Have had to keep a EXH hog, a whammy 5 in the effects loop, and for the most part avoiding the whole pitch shifting menu in helix due to its appalling ability to tracking the notes it revives. It's really kinda ridiculous to have all these pitch shifting models, and not being able to use them cause they kinda sound like cheep toys. If your gonna do pitch shifting do it right! Don't get me wrong, I'm saying this with love, cause that is the word that comes to mind when I think of my helix. LOVE!

• Upvote 6