Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix FW 2.20 (The "Get Low" Update) OUT NOW

Digital_Igloo

Writing is pretty much the only thing I do left-handed... Sometimes I'll hold a spoon with my left hand. But other than that, I throw right-handed, shoot a gun right-handed, and pretty anything else I can think of. I remember when I was in elementary school, teachers always tried to give me left-handed scissors, and I could never use them because I just naturally tried to hold them in my right hand. So when I started playing guitar, I guess I never even considered not playing right-handed.

I'm also a left hander playing right handed, but there are degrees of left handedness. I do some things left, but most others right handed. Playing right handed was not really a conscious choice I remember making, it's just how I learned. Same with throwing a ball, etc. Things I do left are basically writing and eating. I know people who are left handed in everything they do, so for them, the guitar would only feel natural lefty. However most guitar players I know to be even more lefty than me, play right handed... Just an observation on my part. I've only personally known one person that plays guitar lefty. It would be good if a Variax was made for those folks as well, but yes, I see the market aspects as well. If L6 wants to break it out of the niche, they should revisit that variation....

I'm glad I somehow wound up using a computer mouse right-handed. I like a lot of buttons on the mouse and left-handed ones with a lot of buttons are very rare.

Writing left-handed, one thing I always found annoying in school was notebooks and binders (are these even used anymore?). They seemed somehow backwards some of the time. Either that or the english language was backwards and should've been written from right to left when using these forms of written communication. Top to bottom and front to back are still fine though.

I wonder if there's anyone that is truly left-handed only. Most left-handed people, as you point out above, are probably ambidextrous to some degree. Sadly, I've never witnessed right-handed people displaying ambidextrous qualities and are therefore inferior! :lol:

I wonder if there's anyone that is truly left-handed only. Most left-handed people, as you point out above, are probably ambidextrous to some degree. Sadly, I've never witnessed right-handed people displaying ambidextrous qualities and are therefore inferior! :lol:

Made me think of one of many famous Yogi Berra quotes: "Mickey Mantle can throw and bat lefty or righty, he's amphibious."

Some really good drummers can do anything that they do righty lefty. But I don't think it's a natural thing; it has to be important enough to you to train yourself for it.

• Upvote 1

Writing is pretty much the only thing I do left-handed... Sometimes I'll hold a spoon with my left hand. But other than that, I throw right-handed, shoot a gun right-handed, and pretty anything else I can think of. I remember when I was in elementary school, teachers always tried to give me left-handed scissors, and I could never use them because I just naturally tried to hold them in my right hand. So when I started playing guitar, I guess I never even considered not playing right-handed.

I'm a lefty and the only thing I do righty is play instruments. I write, bat, golf etc lefty.

I think it's basically because in school growing up they didn't have any left handed instruments and taught everyone the same.

I write, chop, eat, throw, and swing a club or bat with my left, and just about everything else is with my right including swordfight, shoot and cut with Scissors.

Wrist injuries forced me to learn things with opposite hands, so some things I am ambidextrous with and since then I try to learn all new things with both hands, eating, writing and drawing, typing with one hand, was trained to fight with each foot forward as well. Not guitar though, yet

I'm a left handed and i do everythings as left handed.

I read some a litlle bit fascist comments here. Like "is there a cure for left handed"

i'm not ill!

My aunt were born (now she is passed away) under fascism, she was left handed and under fascism and she told me that at the school they use to tie her left arm to the chair to oblige her right writing.

Maybe you think this is right.

Maybe anyone of you could even say is there any cure for omosexuals?

Or You could say to them, why you are not straight?

life is more easy if you are hetero.

Maybe if you were at Jimi Hendrix times you obliged him to play guitar right handed, or Leonardo da Vinci to write right handed or Barak Obama too.

I read some a litlle bit fascist comments here. Like "is there a cure for left handed"

i'm not ill!

My aunt were born (now she is passed away) under fascism, she was left handed and under fascism and she told me that at the school they use to tie her left arm to the chair to oblige her right writing.

Maybe if you were at Jimi Hendrix times you obliged him to play guitar right handed, or Leonardo da Vinci to write right handed or Barak Obama too.

Seems like there is probably a bit of humor getting in lost in translation here, but I'm sure that nothing anyone said above in regards to left-handedness being cured or fixed was meant to be taken too seriously... It was all in good fun. I think most of the people commenting said they actually are left-handed.

i'm not ill!

It was just humor, something we need more of in this world and less political "correctness" (as if anything political is correct). 

And now, back to the show...

• Upvote 1

The newly overhauled Helix Editor will remain free for all (right handed ;) ) Helix users. Left handed users will get it for No Charge.

Yeah, actually Line 6 isn't make a left-handed version of Helix Native... They just don't care.

• Upvote 2

I am EXCITE for the Arion SCH1 chorus model - one of my favorite chorus pedals ever!

We need some more phase shifters. I love swirly things.

Can't wait for this new firmware to get released!

I agree with you Bobby... the phaser options within the Helix are currently very limited... And of course the Arion SCH-Z Chorus Model, if done correctly, will be a homerun... Hope that the Line 6 Badonk melts my face down when playing Fear Factory and Cannibal Corpse stuff.

But now I´m looking forward to the 2.30 next models... I hope the Diezels and the phasers will be there if we take into account their Line6scale status is rising and rising.

My empathy to all the Helix users who can´t wait for the 2.20 firmware update any longer... It´s getting hard not being REALLY anxious.

Lots of lefties, odd...

I think what you're seeing about lefties is the same as what we often hear about product issues. This is a user support forum so people who come here can get the impressoin that Line 6 products have a lot of problems. Similarly, when a thread begins to focus on lefties we hear from a lot of them. Doesn't mean their numbers have suddenly increased - just that they are motivated to contribute.

After 2.20 is released (and assuming there are no short term interim 2.2x fixes), and once Helix Native and the new Helix Editor debut later this Spring, I would not be at all surprised to see Helix firmware evolve directly to 3.00. I like to be optimistic in these sorts of things. :)

If Weekends, Fridays, and Today, are eliminated, only Eleven (11) Release Days remain this month........... (<-- That's an 11 dot ellipses) ;)

I can't even spell ellipsesses. 

2.20!

2.20!

2.20!

Everyone now!

2.20!

2.20!

I know folks are just joshin', but either Line 6 is immune to everything we say - not something we want - or they hate conversations like this. They just might already know we want a release, ASAP but relatively bug-free. Ya think? I know how it feels when people are hounding me for my deliverables...