Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix FW 2.20 (The "Get Low" Update) OUT NOW

Digital_Igloo

Wow, I really like this idea, both for Helix parameter control and for my soft synths as well.  Thanks for bringing this up!

Had one, but I never replaced a PROM chip in it.  I think I remember reading about it though.  For its time, that was a great little amp. 

Can you imagine this being in a modern day cartoon?  Man the things they used to get away with.  :D

Yeah, But then again, cartoons of this type were actually created to be viewed in a theater before a movie where there were often many adults. And at a time when Doctors would be in cigarette ads recommending that particular brand. Much of the humor in them was adult. That's why they are the best. It would be funny to see a My Little Pony smoking. Or horrifying. One of the two.

Someone from Line 6 please answer this question. Does the Helix have the hardware/software capability to create an effect similar to the Digitech FreqOut feedback device?

I now there are several of us who would LOVE to have that feature available. Still hoping that you will release an amp model of the Friedman BE-100.

Is this firmware update version 2.2 available to download yet,  If not, when, and is there a way for notification available?

Not yet, they are doing beta testing currently. So they could still make it by the end of March.

Is this firmware update version 2.2 available to download yet,  If not, when, and is there a way for notification available?

If you have registered you Helix, I believe that may also have placed you in the email cycle for Helix notifications.

Perhaps an equally if not more prompt method, would be to check, the Line 6 Product Support and Helix Forums each day! That is where the firmware updates are first posted, and, I'm not sure how soon therafter the email notifications ensure.

• Downvote 1

Log in to the forum and go to http://line6.com/support/topic/18284-latest-helix-firmware-212%E2%80%94jan-9-2017/, in the top right corner hit the "Follow this topic" button, each time they update the firmware they will post a message and you'll get the notification.

• Upvote 2

Yes, you can follow that topic. 

Of course you can! That's what I said! :unsure:

Nonono. I dunno what was going on, but it wasn't updating for me. Now that you said it works, tho, it works, so...user error! Yay!

Thx for that, tho. I'll be all better once the update (and Native) comes out! 

Someone from Line 6 please answer this question. Does the Helix have the hardware/software capability to create an effect similar to the Digitech FreqOut feedback device?

I now there are several of us who would LOVE to have that feature available. Still hoping that you will release an amp model of the Friedman BE-100.

I actually ordered the Digitech.  I hope they add it, a true freeze effect and a goddamn reverse reverb and TZF.  Then i can replace my pedalboard completely.  Glorious!

Still, nothing yet.  Nothing can really fake it either.  You could also just install a sustainer pickup (I have one guitar with one, want them in the rest of the collection)

I got a Sweetwater gift card for my birthday and just pre ordered one of these to put in one of the Helix fx loops.  I'll probably make a video review of it for my YouTube channel and will post here on how it works with Helix.  

I would LOVE if it was added in a future Helix update.  However I believe Digitech said in another forum that this pedal was patent pending, so it might be a little dicy on if they can model it.  Not sure how that would work?  The geniuses at Line 6 could probably come up with a different method of achieving the same goal.  

Either way I can't wait for the new firmware update to come out.  Among other many exciting things no more dragging out my USB interface for the Variax!! :) 

• Upvote 2

I got a Sweetwater gift card for my birthday and just pre ordered one of these to put in one of the Helix fx loops.  I'll probably make a video review of it for my YouTube channel and will post here on how it works with Helix.  

I'm absolutely holding my breath for your report. That's the first pedal that has given me GAS in the year+ since I got Helix. I'm interested in getting one to put in a Helix loop and would love to get some real world feedback (pun not intended, but not avoided either...) about how that works.

• Upvote 2

Hoping to be Freqin (Frequin?) out by the end of the month! I am a huge fan of the Fernandes Sustainer (I have three Fernadesezezezez), but I prefer my Reverends as my main guitars. If the FreqOut works well, I will be extremely pleased (understatement).

I ordered mine from PGS, cos the guy (Andy) in the demo above makes me want to buy almost everything he demos. Oh, and I had a coupon for $ off  :)

When's the update coming out?  :lol:

Cheers!

Glen DeLaune has a boutique amp pack that has the Friedman in, it is excellent.

Improvements/Changes

- Additions to and improvements made to the existing factory preset bundle

Only possible if the job was outsourced to Glenn DeLaune

All jokes aside, I'm really looking forward to this update.  I appreciate a company who continues to improve and add on to an already great product.

Hoping to be Freqin (Frequin?) out by the end of the month! I am a huge fan of the Fernandes Sustainer (I have three Fernadesezezezez), but I prefer my Reverends as my main guitars. If the FreqOut works well, I will be extremely pleased (understatement).

I ordered mine from PGS, cos the guy (Andy) in the demo above makes me want to buy almost everything he demos. Oh, and I had a coupon for $ off  :)

When's the update coming out?  :lol:

Cheers!

I used to own a Jackson DK2S, which had a sustainer pickup in the neck position. I would love to get that effect back without having to buy a sustainer fitted guitar again. 

Come on already at least give us date?

Sounds like you need a wingman ;)

I'm excited for the update too, but software dev and beta testing takes time and it's not easy or precise to estimate... I'll be happy when it's ready, and thankful for the time well spent in thoughtful dev...

I just updated http://helixhelp.com to be current with the upcoming version 2.20 release (a bit preemptive but I figured I'd rather have it ready to go now as I'm guessing the official firmware release is just a few days away).

I've also made some behind the scenes adjustments that should make the overall page loading time extremely zippy. In most cases it should just be a couple of milliseconds.

Anyway, I have a bit more free time now and a renewed focus on developing a more robust version 2 of the site. If you have any ideas you'd like to see, feel free to send me a message.

Have a good one.

Thanks for the update on the Helix help site... Kinda a good way to put some friendly pressure in order to get the firmware update next week... hehe ;) . 

On the other hand... I found that you put the Line 6 Badonk in the bass amps section... and as far as I know this amp is a Triple Rectifier with a Rivera Los Lobottom sub cab... It belongs to the guitar category, though... And you put no info regarding the modded version of the  Arion SCH-Z, the Wounded Paw overdive and the Darkglass distortion... I´ve seen plenty of videos and information around... Anyway, your site is wonderful and a trully reliable source of information regarding all the models available in the Helix... Not gonna preach, not a priest... I´m also anxious to get the 2.20 update and willing to bleed my neighbours with the Line 6 Badonk. We already know from DI that there´s a 2.30 coming on its way with more models and fixes.

Keep up the good work!!!!

I just updated http://helixhelp.com to be current with the upcoming version 2.20 release (a bit preemptive but I figured I'd rather have it ready to go now as I'm guessing the official firmware release is just a few days away).

I've also made some behind the scenes adjustments that should make the overall page loading time extremely zippy. In most cases it should just be a couple of milliseconds.

Anyway, I have a bit more free time now and a renewed focus on developing a more robust version 2 of the site. If you have any ideas you'd like to see, feel free to send me a message.

Have a good one.

• Downvote 1

Ah, thanks for catching that. I've updated the amp section and moved the Line 6 Badonk to the guitar list.

And yep, I haven't updated all of the info on the new models just yet but will be doing so within the week of the official firmware release.

There's also a bunch more work that I am in the midst of knocking out right now for version 2 of the site.

Thanks!

Thanks for the update on the Helix help site... Kinda a good way to put some friendly pressure in order to get the firmware update next week... hehe ;) . 

On the other hand... I found that you put the Line 6 Badonk in the bass amps section... and as far as I know this amp is a Triple Rectifier with a Rivera Los Lobottom sub cab... It belongs to the guitar category, though... And you put no info regarding the modded version of the  Arion SCH-Z, the Wounded Paw overdive and the Darkglass distortion... I´ve seen plenty of videos and information around... Anyway, your site is wonderful and a trully reliable source of information regarding all the models available in the Helix... Not gonna preach, not a priest... I´m also anxious to get the 2.20 update and willing to bleed my neighbours with the Line 6 Badonk. We already know from DI that there´s a 2.30 coming on its way with more models and fixes.

Keep up the good work!!!!

Have a good one.

Looking forward to seeing those site updates as soon as you make them available on the live site.
  • Upvote 1

Have a good one.

Holy s**t! That was a great site. Thx!! 

I wonder when the 2.20 patch is coming... Eager!!

From the release notes....    Everyone better follow the update instructions!!!   lol

"If a user fails to read and follow the update instructions, Helix will engage Snapshot 2 in preset 8 Templates > 32D every day at 4:30 AM"