Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

"dry"-distortion-effects too quiet!...

hanyk16

Hallo,

I´ve a problem with the distortion-volume in contrast with other clean effects...

I play the line 6 amplifierTT through my external-soundcard by using the mainoutputs of the TT.

My speakers are on highest volume like soundcard and the TT.

But if I use an distortioneffect mostly without reverb-effect it is always too quiet and it sucks!

If I want to pull it louder it starts to scratch like an overdirve but the level in my soundprogramm is not really high like it is when I use clean-effects which are mostly loud enough and not causing any problems.

Is there any trick or advice to use dry distortions and level them up without having those "scratches"?!

I´ve already tried it by using eq and reducing the low frequences, also in the "amp/cab".

But it isn´t good enough! I want to play clean and distortion on a same level (likeeverybody wants) but it shouldn´t

be that quiet that I can still hear the strings...

thx for any helpful replies

greets

• 2 months later...

You're running the TT main outs into another interface?

If so, what interface?

Also, each amp model should have a volume control that should not affect the model's tone.

Hello!

thx for your reply! yes it does have it´s own volume control (focusrite saffire 6)! but that´s not the way I want my sounds to play (always have to switch the volume!)

As I already wrote on my first post: "I want to play clean and distortion on a same level (likeeverybody wants) but it shouldn´t

be that quiet that I can still hear the strings..."

The Problem I still have, ist that my speakers begin to scratch, if the distortion is loud enough...in but if I switch to clean it´s ok (without any scratches)

Now I can reduce the volume, but that is so low, that it doesn´t make any fun to play!

Just wanna know if there is any trick for this, or do I need stronger speakers for this?