Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500x Master Volume

hgmort

I have a question about the master volume for my HD 500x? If I get the volume I want when switching between presets will the master volume turn all of those up and does it have to be saved if it does. The problem is for some reason when playing through out board and trying to record a live show my channel is a bit fuzzy when the other guitarist is not and all the settings are the same on the board?

Yes, the Master volume will affect the volume level of all presets. No it does not need to (and cannot) be saved.

Try increasing your individual preset volume levels while maintaining their relative levels to each other (a manual and time consuming task but necessary if you have never done it), then decreasing your Master volume level until the fuzziness disappears, and increasing the HD500X channel level on your board as required to balance with the level of your other guitarist.

Master volume, is a completely standalone volume. It does not get saved to the patches. 

Set your master volume once, and then use volume controls that are within the patches to create an equal level between patches. 

Master Volume and Global EQ are two things that stand outside of patches and can ruin or improve your overall experience.