Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODxt Pro: Right half of the LCD will not light up! Please help

Hello,

I recently updated my PODxt Pro’s Windows driver and occasionally I get an error message in the sense “This tone uses amps from Model Packs you do not own†from the unit. This is really annoying because at the time on July 3, 2007 I have purchased all the Model Packs and I never had a problem.

But this present message is about what happened today when I turned on my PODxt Pro: only the left half of the LCD lights up and the right hand half is dark! I doubt that it has anything to do with the driver update, please help me if this is a known problem. Another problem that comes up quite often especially lately is that the PODxt Pro’s parameters change (the star appears) without me having touched anything, whether it’s connected to the PC or not.

Can a firmware update solve these problems? Is there a firmware update available at all? In case it is available will the update interfere with the Model Packs, for instance is there a danger that it will erase them?

Thanks in advance for the help,

Zareh

I just turned the preset selector all the way down and the LCD came back to life!

My guess is it hit POD's default presets with internal amp models; this in case the problem had anything to do with the error message.

I'm thinking of downgrading my Windows driver to 3.3.5.5 where I had no problems for the past ten years.

A) You have to run the L6 License Manager to get the packs reauthorized. The driver should not have done that - firmware maybe but it is what it is at this point. You should have the purchase linked to your account. Like when you first authorized them for the unit.

b) Who knows about the lcd the contrast controls going? loose ribbon connector inside. Glad it works.

c) The * thing it happens. The sound can vibrate a knob and that will pop up. Not a big deal if it isn't changing the sound. Sometimes I will spin the encoders ccw and then cw a bunch of times to help clear up any dust that might cause that (unit off btw).

A) You have to run the L6 License Manager to get the packs reauthorized. The driver should not have done that - firmware maybe but it is what it is at this point. You should have the purchase linked to your account. Like when you first authorized them for the unit.

I'd rather downgrade the driver, where's the guarantee that this will run without problems? What if it cancels my authorization?

By the way, I found out about the date of my purchase by checking my account, there's no authorization issue there.

B) Who knows about the lcd the contrast controls going? loose ribbon connector inside. Glad it works.

I thought maybe this was a known problem. I have an M-Audio AxiomPro 61 and a couple of years ago there was a hardware problem where some of the keys did not work. The forum expert told me it was a known issue concerning a loose connector: I had to open the keyboard (an immense number of screws), find the connector and fix it.

I hope this doesn't happen with the PODxt Pro again!

c) The * thing it happens. The sound can vibrate a knob and that will pop up. Not a big deal if it isn't changing the sound. Sometimes I will spin the encoders ccw and then cw a bunch of times to help clear up any dust that might cause that (unit off btw).

The problem is, it changes the sound. For recording it's OK because I record all the guitars and basses dry, using the POD's control panel option. But during playing it is annoying anyway. I hoped a firmware update might fix it. Oh yes, I also did the knob spinning.

Thanks for the reply.

Downgrading the driver? Well go for it, but it really should have nothing to do with the model packs now that they are unauthorized. But who knows.

If you have the email - run the license manager and reauthorize the XT. If it fails send L6 an email. The purchase is linked to the user account. Once in a while we will get a post from someone who bought an XT used with the packs but they were not the purchaser of the packs and on a reflash discovered they were gone. If they had the purchase linked to their account (like they are all done) a reflash and authorization would have fixed it.

The display: no its not a known issue but it can happen. I have one that is blank, shot, kaput - lollipop happens.

Knob jitter: try parking all the knobs at 0 (except the master) that might help.

There are no guarantees :D