Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack + Helix Floor Controller -> 3 quick questions please ...

benifin

Hey all

After having had a colleagues  Helix Floor for  nearly 3 weeks now to mess with,  Im seriously looking at the Helix Rack and matching Helix Floor Controller - I already alternate between an Axe XL and a Kemper for shows, but the tones Im so far getting on this  [borrowed Helix]  have a  liveness and musical attack and immediacy that  can be quite hard / tricky to get from my Axe ... anyway, I digress ..... so my  3  quick questions:-

=> are the 12 x  FSW  buttons on the  dedicated Floor Controller for the Rack Helix  also  touch / capacitve  like on the all-in-one-floor  Helix  ?

=> in terms of displaying patchs / names etc....  how many "characters"  does the  Rack  Floor controller display  ?

=>  are there any  images / videos anywhere showing  how the Tuner is displayed on the Rack Floor Controller  ?

Thanks,

Ben

Ben, on #3 I can tell you I much prefer the floor controllers tuner versus the Rack's tuner. It's very stable and works well.

On #1 yes I believe that they are the same as on the 1st floor model.

Hi spikey

Thanks for chiming in   :)

Sorry for my confusion .... do you mean:-

=> the Tuner on the  ( a ) all-in-one-floor-Helix-big-screen   is  better / more stable  than the Tuner on the ( b ) dedicated-rack-floor-controller-small-narrow-screen  ?  -or-  the other way round  ?

Thanks again,

Ben

To me, the floor controller (has a tuner) for the Helix rack unit (which also has a tuner) is more stable.

Cool.  Good to know.  I didnt mind the Tuner on the all-in-one-big-screen-floor-Helix  but  good to know the  rack controller unit tuner implemewation is at least as good if not better / more stable  :)

Any chance if you have a rack floor controller that you could post a pic or 2 of what the rack floor controller tuners looks like  ?

Ben

Helix Control is indeed capacitive touch enabled - it handles just like the Floor version.

The Control display: I've never counted, but it seems that it's built to display anything which can be used at maximum for a preset name.

The tuner display on Control is fine - with that said, the screen is gigantic where the tuner display is concerned; I personally turn around enough to look at that.

I actually created a solution which has my Rack box mounted low for stability, but angled up at me for visibility.

I've used the floor display for tuning... but for some reason, I prefer to use the big one where possible =]

I opted for the Rack version to avoid audio lines coming out to the front with me; it all stays at back with the brain.

To complete this, I use a G50 to connect =]