Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line6 Edit software?

Hello all. It’s been a long time since I’ve used my PODxt and now I’m passing it down to my son who wants to get into the electric effects experimentation. (He has played the electric & acoustic guitar for many years.) Anyway, I dusted off my old PODxt and was looking for the software all the software to download from Line6 and I noticed I can’t seem to find the Line6 Edit software to use with Customtone?

I’ve downloaded the Line6 Monkey which updated my PODxt, and it also downloaded the POD2 Farm (trial version).

Has the Edit program gone away and has been replaced by the Farm2 (paid version)?

I’m on Windows 10, but my son is on a Mac. 

Thanks

Dave

• 3 years later...

Actually, I think Gearbox is better. Unfortunately, although Line6 makes some great hardware that lasts a long time, they are not good at keeping the software up-to-date which is a shame.

• Upvote 1

I just went and looked and there’s no working link on Line 6 web sight for gearbox or for line6 edit. No matter what you put in the first box. You have a couple of clickable links directing you to where it used to be but it seems the web master for that sight has pulled it all down. I need a copy of line6 edit if someone wouldn’t mind making the executable downloadable on drop box or any other place that wouldn’t be trouble for you to share the link. 

12 hours ago, SillyBilly said:

I just went and looked and there’s no working link on Line 6 web sight for gearbox or for line6 edit. No matter what you put in the first box. You have a couple of clickable links directing you to where it used to be but it seems the web master for that sight has pulled it all down. I need a copy of line6 edit if someone wouldn’t mind making the executable downloadable on drop box or any other place that wouldn’t be trouble for you to share the link. 

No, they're both still there. Just leave the first menu set at "All Hardware" and change the third menu to "All OS". Select Gearbox or Line 6 Edit in the middle, and it will come up. Normally the page automatically detects your OS, and changes the third menu automatically. Since neither Gearbox nor Line 6 Edit have been updated in quite a long time, they won't show up for a newer OS.

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded Line6 edit today. It was not hard to find the only trick is that if you are looking through the ALL DOWNLOADS by product model, you may have to scroll down a lot or use the browser text-find feature (ctrl+F on windows) to search for "Edit".

Even if you're on Win10 pick win7 when selecting oS:

image.thumb.png.2b889542e4737a1e21683d136494d037.png

• 3 years later...