Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Tone Matching Ability ? Like Axe Fx2 Just A Thought.

Jeepjones85

Okay so one of the main reasons I was wanting a axe fx2 was for the new tone matching ability.

I love my hd500 because it's convenient easy to set up and get great sounds I can pretty much asign the buttons to do whatever I want them to do. And with the axe fx I would have to carry a rack case and some kinda foot controller. So the line 6 hd500 beats that hands down for ease of use.

Anyway back to the tone matching does anybody think this is a possibility with the hd500x?

I really hope it would happen with a up date or something.

Im listing my hd500 up for sale this week along with some other gear to get a hd500x lol

would probably be a great idea... however that would completely change the device....

meaning i'd expect it to be an excuse for selling pod HD700's and pod HD1000's not reviving the 500/500x

(relax folks i made those models up! really... nothing to see here... these aren't the droids your looking for...)

Having recently been able to try an Axe, I need to let everyone know that tone match isn't some magic feature where you press a button and WHAMO; you've got the tone replicated. You've got to set the settings up so that you've already got it as close as possible with the right amp/cab/mic models, then you stick a mic connected to the axe in front of the rig and THEN it adds some EQ curves to finish the job.

Nothing like the KPA where you just jam a mic in front of an amp and presto - got everything good to go.

Haha yeah hd700 that would be cool I have recently got to try axe fxii and it really does sounds good I wouldn't use a tone match live it would just be to play around with lol

I still like my hd500 better for me than axe fx... not saying I'm not going to buy one for myself but it just wouldn't be practical to carry the rack and a separate foot controller to gigs or church.