Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

VST Block

mgroves

I would love to be able to insert other VSTs as blocks in the Helix Native signal paths. I realise we don't have much info yet, but if not at launch, would be a nice addition for a future release.

Cheers

Malcolm

Edit: Added on Ideascale https://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/VST-Block-for-Helix-Native/867034-23508

It's really useful. It was the main feature that made me stop using Pod Farm and move over to Revalver back in the day. No single vendor is ever going to be able to give us every effect we might want to use, so being able to drop, in my case, Valhalla Shimmer, Ohmicide, or any number of others, into my signal chain keeps me using the product and stops me from looking elsewhere.

Guest Todd Braverman

Why couldn't you disable the cab, place another AU/VST next in line then use an IR loader on the same channel?

Or just use other VST before, same a compressor, mod, drive, then into the Helix amp sim, then either use the Helix cab or insert post preamp fx?

Of course you can work around most things, but depending on how many VSTs you want to add and where you want to place them, it can become clumsy very quickly. Worst I had back in the day before giving up and switching to Revalver was three instances of Pod Farm spread across mutiple tracks with routing between them.

Works, but far from productive or efficient. Now I have one instance of Revalver with a single view of my signal chain, and changes are much less brittle. 

Helix (hardware) sounds to my ears better than Revalver, and the UI is a big improvement. Adding this would give me enough to switch back to Line6.

Cheers

Malcolm 

• 2 months later...

It may depend on how, or whether, the physical Helix FX Loops are implemented in Helix Native. The question becomes, what happens when you import a Helix preset with FX Loop(s) into Helix Native? Are they simply ignored or will Helix Native implement a way to place other VSTs in the loop? Will be interesting to see.

• 3 weeks later...