Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

are there any other firehawk fx owners that are frustrated that there is no custom tone for it? I know that I am! all the firehawk fx has is the stupid cloud. it doesn't even have a editor you can use on your computer, instead you are stuck using your tiny phone or tablet. why don't they have these things for the firehawk fx? can somebody explain this to me, or can you please do something.

could it be communism? 

• 1 month later...

Don't see any reason why an app for the mac could not be created. Especially as it can connect to the firehawk via USB or bluetooth. The app would not have be any different from that for the iPad or iPhone! Line 6 could then also add the functionality that you get from the amplifi app that does not exist in the Firehawk app.

Don't see any reason why an app for the mac could not be created. Especially as it can connect to the firehawk via USB or bluetooth. The app would not have be any different from that for the iPad or iPhone! Line 6 could then also add the functionality that you get from the amplifi app that does not exist in the Firehawk app.

Sure it could be created. So could a mobile-based editor for the POD and Helix products. But the product designs and target markets are different. Users who prefer to edit and download tones to/from their Line 6 devices using mobile devices and wireless connections should choose the Amplifi/Firehawk products. Users who prefer being connected to their computer via usb for those activities should choose POD/Helix products. That's all up front and very clear in the product descriptions and marketing. If you want a sports car, don't buy a truck.

Yes, all products could be made to work in all environments - at greater cost. And the vast majority of users would use only part of its connectivity capabilities but pay for it all.

Okay Silverhead. Does that mean there will be no more development on Firehawk related products such as the fire hawk app? It would be nice if this had a few updates. Include same jam tracks and patches as per the AMPLIFi app. Also when you save a tone can it not overweight the patch that already exists. It is a pain when you tweek a tone that you have to remember to delete the old one! Also when you use the app and select a tone on the firehawk when does it not move to the bank and tone on the firehawk itself?

Well that's my moaning for now. Only had the firehawk 2 days!

Okay Silverhead. Does that mean there will be no more development on Firehawk related products such as the fire hawk app?....

I don't know anything about future development plans for Firehawk. Only Line 6 knows and they usually don't declare their intentions in advance.

If you start your own thread to ask specific questions you might get some help. For instance, it seems odd to me that you can't overwrite a patch rather than having to delete the old one first, but as you say you've only had the Firehawk for 2 days so perhaps you're missing something. Are you talking about overwriting in My Tones or on the device itself? Probably another user can either tell you how to do it or confirm that it can't be done.