Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 Helix Midi program change with Mesa Boogie JP-2C

ak4ray

I am using a Line 6 Helix with my JP-2C, when I use it to send CC messages to change individual features on the amp it works perfectly.

I've done a factory reset of the helix to make sure that all of my previous CC messages aren't conflicting with the program bank changes I am trying to make and started from scratch with a blank Helix preset.

When I try to program it to access any of the factory presets it doesn't change to the program I am expecting.
The Helix has some parameters in it I am not sure how they correspond to the control of the JP-2C as follows:

Knob      Parameter      Description
2           MIDI Ch         Sets the Bank/Program message's MIDI channel (1-16).
                                When set to "Base", Helix follows the Global MIDI channel, which
                                is set from the "Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo" page.

3           Bank CC00      Sets the CC#00 (Bank MSB) value. Select "Off" if the
                                 receiving device  shouldn't respond to Bank MSB.

4           Bank CC32       Sets the CC#32 (Bank LSB) value. Select "Off" if the
                                 receiving device shouldn't respond to Bank LSB.

5           Program          Sets the Program Change (PC) value. Select "Off" if you
                                 only want to send a Bank MSB and/or Bank LSB message.

So an example of what I've tried is to send a program change for the clean channel on bank 1

2           MIDI Ch         Set to 1                               
3           Bank CC00      Set to 0
4           Bank CC32      Set to off                               
5           Program          Set to 1 or 16 etc.

An example of what I've tried is to send a program change for the crunch channel on bank 1

4           Bank CC32      Set to off                               
5           Program          Set to 7 or 22 etc.

Update 1/24/16:
So when I set as follows, I am one number off on the program change i.e. selecting program change 19 on the Helix executes program change 20 on the JP-2C, is this because the JP-2C
programs go from 1-127 and the Helix program value goes from 0-128?

4           Bank CC32      Set to 0                              
5           Program          Set to 7 or 22 etc.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Ray