Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix questions

abaxe

So I just bought a Helix. It's used but in pristine condition. So my first question is about expression pedals. I already have an extra line 6 expression pedal but I was wondering if my ernie ball volume pedal would also function as an expression pedal for helix? just wondering... but my main question has to do with connecting to my lap top. When I connect the Helix via usb cable to my laptop, my laptop doesn't recognize it. So I can't register it with the license manager or with Line 6 Monkey.  More importantly I won't be able to download and use the edit software. Is this normal and do you have any suggestions? I have a MacBook Air, for the record, and when I had the pod hd500x I had no problem connecting...

Yes any expression controller can have any parameter(s) assigned to it. For the VP JR make sure to connect it to the OUT jack though.The Helix can pretty much do anything...

I don't remember this being an issue with the VP but if for some reason the heel position is all on (instead of it being all off like it should) then you need to go into the global settings and change the polarity.

Also check out the helix help wiki! I find it extremely useful  for pretty much everything

http://helixhelp.com/pmwiki.php

Would the vps work to control other parameters though, I wonder... and I did just download the L6 updater so I'm still working on it... Thanks

You shouldn't need any drivers on your Macbook to connect with Helix. Try using a different USB port on your laptop. Also try another cable if you have one. 

With Apple products, you just connect and it should see it. Go to Settings>sound to see if Helix shows up as an option. You may have to manually select Helix rather than internal speakers. 

ok so I had success in registering my Helix on the L6 website and I was able to download the latest firmware update. I followed the directions to a "T". However since I just bought this Helix and it's used, I don't have the Helix edit software and couldn't figure out how to download it. License Manager only recognizes my laptop as "authorized" but with the Helix connected via usb it doesn't recognize the device... What am I doing wrong?

Go to the download page in the Line 6 website. In the drop down menus, choose Helix, All Software, and OS X. The first in the list is a download for 2.12 firmware, scroll down, then right below that the 2.11 Editor software. Scroll a little further down and in the Editor download "box" on the bottom right hand side you will see a button for "Get Download". Download that file and install the editor software. I think after you download the software your Mac should see the Helix.