Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Brian May tones with helix and variax

CBTL

Firstly, sorry about the poor vocals, I'm trying to work this recording thing out! Also m, sorry for my less than perfect playing 😳 Any how, I think the tones are pretty good. I would be nice to hear what people think.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic video and some extremely authentic Brian May tones there. He consistently got some of my favorite guitar tones of all time. Many thanks also for uploading this preset to CustomTone. You are very talented at designing presets! :)

Thanks man, you have genuinely made my day! I thought people might think they were rubbish 😕 I will be doing more and will post on here as I do them. Iv learnt so much from this forum from peeps like yourself so thank you.

Firstly, sorry about the poor vocals, I'm trying to work this recording thing out! Also m, sorry for my less than perfect playing Any how, I think the tones are pretty good. I would be nice to hear what people think.

Nice job!

Fantastic video and some extremely authentic Brian May tones there. He consistently got some of my favorite guitar tones of all time. 

Ditto! One of my all time favorite rock guitar players!

Cheers bro

One more question from a Variax noob..I recently got a Standard, and really am not yet real comfortable with the Workbench software, sorta waiting for the Helix integration..but if I wanted to find that Brian may model, could you point me in the right direction? CHeers to you as well

One more question from a Variax noob..I recently got a Standard, and really am not yet real comfortable with the Workbench software, sorta waiting for the Helix integration..but if I wanted to find that Brian may model, could you point me in the right direction? CHeers to you as well

Hi, there is a link in the description of a video that Richie castalano did. If your struggling to follow it send me your email address and I will send you the models so you can just load them in. It won't be till the weekend though 😀

Just by chance I stumbled on this video of Richie Castellano playing "Killer Queen" with his Helix in a band called Band Geek. Pretty darn good!

Well done! Always wanted to do "Stone Cold Crazy" and "Tie Your Mother Down" but never seem to have worked them into a set list.