Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Snapshot parameter change in Edit program

cchimi

I'm fairly new to the Helix, and only yesterday started working with Snapshots.  Let's say I want to turn the Gain of an amp down in Snapshot 1 and up in Snapshot 2.  I understand how to make that happen on the Helix itself; I just push down the Gain button while turning it, and it shows white with brackets, which I guess means it is under Snapshot control.

I've been trying to figure out how to do the equivalent task using the Helix Edit program, but I don't see how to do it.  I'm sure it's simple, but I'm missing it.  I tried setting the Gain low in Snapshot 1, then went to Snapshot 2 and set the Gain high.  But when I went back to Snapshot 1 it had forgotten the low setting and taken on the high setting from Snapshot 2.

I'm using the latest firmware and Edit versions.  Any help would be appreciated.

Carl

The 'push and turn' technique is just a shortcut. There's a similar shortcut using the computer keyboard in the Helix app - it I don't recall what it is. The 'long cut' in both cases is to assign the parameter to a controller. In the Helix app, select the Controllers page, select the parameter, and assign it to the Snapshot controller (from the menu items list).

There's a couple shortcuts affecting snapshots that have been added since that guide was made. The two are really helpful are Shift + Left Mouse Click for assigning a parameter to a snapshot controller and Shift + Alt + Left Mouse Click for removing a snapshot controller assignment. You just click on the parameter you want assign or remove the assignment from.

Thanks to all.  I happened to be working on an iMac when I asked the question, and I had checked the list of keyboard shortcuts, but hadn't experimented beyond what was in the list I saw in that manual.  The discussion here made me experiment, and I think Option-LeftMouseClick did what I needed.  I'll try it on my Windows Surface Pro 4 today, but the Edit program scales so badly on that machine that my old eyes can barely read the list of presets.

Carl

• 2 years later...
On 1/28/2017 at 3:07 AM, cchimi said:

Thanks to all.  I happened to be working on an iMac when I asked the question, and I had checked the list of keyboard shortcuts, but hadn't experimented beyond what was in the list I saw in that manual.  The discussion here made me experiment, and I think Option-LeftMouseClick did what I needed.  I'll try it on my Windows Surface Pro 4 today, but the Edit program scales so badly on that machine that my old eyes can barely read the list of presets.

Carl

Can you change the screen res of your Surface to 1366x768 or 1280x720?  I use those resolutions on a 14" laptop with HX Edit for much better readability.

Cheers