Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Native Integration?

spikey

I read where (direct quote) "Native seamlessly integrates with your Helix rack or floor-based unit".

Whats that mean exactly? Run both at the same time? Swap patches between Native and the editor?

Can someone explain this integration between the two units better please? 

Thanks...

I read where (direct quote) "Native seamlessly integrates with your Helix rack or floor-based unit".

Whats that mean exactly? Run both at the same time? Swap patches between Native and the editor?

Can someone explain this integration between the two units better please?

Thanks...

Yes to both questions. I don't know how it would work with the latency of Native, but I saw it discussed by some thegearpage. You could let the plugin handle the reverb and delay effects and use the hardware to take care of the amps, cabs and drives and build a massive rig ;)

You can share patches, though I think there will two ways to run Native:

1) full resources mode: use as many effects and amps as your system allows – the patches won't transfer to your Helix without a lot of greyouted stuff.

2) limit the amount of stuff you can use in Native to what's possible on hardware: this is useful if you want to make sure you can share the patches between the two, and get a more consistent sound from studio to stage.

I think they'll make it optional. It wouldn't make sense to limit Native capabilities.

What would be really nice is to be able to have the plugin mirror or synchronise the current setlists on a HELIX.  And/or be able to edit a patch in a plugin form either the plugin window itself - OR .... if connected - via a HELIX floor unit. Via USB or MIDI.

Some automatic synchronisation between both would be great.   so one could take a cheap laptop with the plugin as a backup solution. 

Actually - mirroring LIVE would be useful too.  Imagine if whatever patch one was currently running in the HELIX floor-unit got updated live in the Native plugin - say running in Ableton - so that whatever snapshot or pedal blocks happened to be activated - and whatever swell-wahwah  setting happened to be in play - automatically got mirrored in the plugin - so in that rare situation where the HELIX dies - the PA sound  man can just immediately switch over to the sound coming out of the laptop with Native running !