Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Tones As A Plugin?

wgrea3

Hi,

I have a Toneport DI Gold, a Pod XT Live, and just bought a Pod HD300.  From what I can tell, I can't use the HD tones as plugins with, say Garageband.  Is that true?  I have Pod Farm 2.5, and that works, but are those not HD tones?

I'm confused.  Basically, I wanted to do the following.  Record a dry guitar signal and then compare the tones I'm able to make with the Pod HD300 edit software with the ones I can make in gearbox or podfarm, and the ones I can make in Amplitube 3.  Is that possible?

Thanks.

So the only way to use HD amp models and tones, etc is to record them directly?  Is there a technical reason Line 6 isn't doing this?  Won't they lose out to other sims that are improving their sounds and allowing them to be used as a plugin?  Like Amplitube 3 sounds way better to me than my PodXT Live, but the Pod HD 300 sounds a bit better to me than Amplitube, but if I can't apply those sounds to a dry guitar signal, I'm just going to send this back and use Amplitube.  I don't get it.

Thanks.

There has been a rumor circulating that they plan on releasing a HD version of POD Farm.  But who knows...

I'm seriously shocked that they haven't done this.  Don't they want to compete with the latest versions of Amplitube and Guitar Rig?  I mean they are literally saying that their HD stuff sounds better yet they don't offer it as a plugin?  It's so odd...

• Downvote 1

well amplitube and guitar rig don't offer their plugins up as a pod...

not really that odd dude....

they are obviously taking their time to get it right, or consider what they will actually do...

no guarantee they will include it with the pods either... might be a standalone product....

i honestly don't know anything about their plans... but no reason to be all melodramatic.

well amplitube and guitar rig don't offer their plugins up as a pod...

not really that odd dude....

they are obviously taking their time to get it right, or consider what they will actually do...

no guarantee they will include it with the pods either... might be a standalone product....

i honestly don't know anything about their plans... but no reason to be all melodramatic.

I think you have the wrong idea, sir.  Are you upset it's the weekend?  ha.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm seriously shocked that they haven't done this. Don't they want to compete with the latest versions of Amplitube and Guitar Rig? I mean they are literally saying that their HD stuff sounds better yet they don't offer it as a plugin? It's so odd...

W.T.F i gave reputation to you?

I was trying to click QUOTE and i hit the rep button..

I have absolutely no intention to do that especially NOT a negative one any way sorry for that gonna try to fix it if it is possible..

I totally agree that it is strange that they haven´t released a plugin since the POD HD products atleast my desktop version (andi have read that all 3-500 version aswell) dont have enough DSP power..

• 11 months later...