Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Have I got something set wrong?

CraigGT

I was wanting to compare full and pre amp models so I set up a simple patch with the pre model as amp A and the other as amp B with a footswitch to toggle between them. 

When I select the pre model it works as expected but when I change to amp B my DT25 switches to channel B but the power amp isn't configured so it doesn't sound right. the same thing happens if I put a pre model in amp B too.

Is this something I have set wrong somewhere?

Also in link settings does amp 1-4 refer to different DT amps (If I had more than 1) ?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Hi Craig

Yes I believe amps 1-4 refer to actual additional physical amps you would connect via L6 link.

You should still be able to have an A/B amp patch but I never use this configuration so hopefully someone who does will answer your question.

I did figure out that's what was happening, but why is the DT25 switching to Channel B when I'm trying to use the amp model B in the lower path?

It seems that If I have Amp A turned on then the DT25 works on Channel A otherwise it switches to Channel B.

Craig

That Channel B stuff will only come into play when you have 2 DT amps linked on POD....Basically, when you have one DT linked to the POD, Channel A on the AMP represents the enabled model in the POD. The POD will remote control the Power Amp Mode switches, but the preamp modeling in the DT is completely bypassed. When you disable the AMP model in the POD, the DT will go to channel B. The model in the POD is disabled and signal from the END OF THE CHAIN is sent to the DT which now have the amp model in Channel B activated being fed from the link....I hear what you are saying because Channel B can actually be controlled remotely via midi and a lot of people have questioned this...Basically, you will have a hard time trying to do dual tones with one DT one a link...Wasn't really designed with that in mind...That is what two DTs are for...

• Upvote 2