Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Global Settings as a file

Stratotron

In the meantime, I am creating an Excel spreadsheet that I can log all of my Global settings in. In the past, I took pictures of each screen with my phone whenever I did updates. Recently, a glitch required I perform a 9-10 restart and didn't have the Global settings pics on my phone, Had to restore them from memory.

I am hoping with the new 2.20 coming out soon, that it is on there. They mentioned better file management of IRs specifically. Maybe that will include global parameters. Fingers crossed...

I didn't see any such reference in the 2.20 preview document.  It talked about some MIDI enhancements in global settings but nothing about file management of IRs.

I suspect that when they release Helix Native, there might be some facility to backup global settings. I vaguely recall DI mentioning something along these lines somewhere in the aether. I could be wrong though, and it might not even be tied to the release of Helix Native, but it makes sense that it could be.

I didn't see any such reference in the 2.20 preview document.  It talked about some MIDI enhancements in global settings but nothing about file management of IRs.

I think I recall DI mentioning the IR thing, but it could me my current low caffeine state. ***going to get more coffee***

It stands to reason that with the forthcoming new HELIX Native software and revised HELIX Editor (getting a refreshed GUI and perhaps more), there is a strong likelihood that File Management, Backup, Restore, and Firmware Updating procedures are all undergoing improvements.

For Line 6 not to be doing so, in the aftermath of the vast number of dissatisfied reports, posts, frustrated users, problems, and confusion regarding these areas in the existing Editor and Updater over the past year (since they were introduced) would be a massive oversight.