Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

is there a Roland Space Echo RE-201 or RE-20 type delay model in the HELIX ? Vintage Digital ?

d0stenning

The Transistor Tape, like Peter mentioned, is the closest. It's based on the Maestro Echoplex, a different tape delay, though. The main difference between the Space Echo and other tape units, is it has a built in reverb. You could probably do a pretty good emulation of this by putting the Transistor Tape block on a parallel path followed by a Spring Reverb on the same path.

There was a Space Echo modeled in the M-series and HD 500. If you HAD to have that model (which was good), you could get a used M5 and stick it in a loop.

I don't think there was/is... The tape models (there was a dry thru model as well) were the Echoplex in the M-series as well. They also had a model of the Binson Echorec (Echo Platter), which was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind see that one makes it way to the Helix.

I don't think there was/is... The tape models (there was a dry thru model as well) were the Echoplex in the M-series as well. They also had a model of the Binson Echorec (Echo Platter), which was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind see that one makes it way to the Helix.

Multi-Head was based on a Space Echo.

And you are right. I would like to see more of those weird and wacky delays come into Helix.

Oh, well, I could always get an M5 or M9 and stick 'em in the loop, couldn't I...

Oh, yeah, right you are...

That's the EP-101, not the 201, though. So no reverb on that model.

I put in a request for it on ideascale ages ago, upvote it.

I love the space echo sound. And the RE-20. The M5 version wasn't the best though.

If you could post the link to your ideascale request here it'd make it easy to find and upvote! 

PLEASE, if you're going to model a Roland Echo, model the 301 as it has unique preamp circuitry that guys like Brian Setzer use (in part) to achieve that classic growl...

Nice! Perhaps you can send it to Line 6 for while ... 😉

I've had the RE-20 on my pedalboard for quite some time. Loved the sound of the delay, but it had a sort of noise gate that I finally grew tired of. In the end, I replaced it by an AnalogMan ARDX20 (which is a great, no fantastic bucket brigade delay).

Nice! Perhaps you can send it to Line 6 for while ...

I've had the RE-20 on my pedalboard for quite some time. Loved the sound of the delay, but it had a sort of noise gate that I finally grew tired of. In the end, I replaced it by an AnalogMan ARDX20 (which is a great, no fantastic bucket brigade delay).

I would do that...