Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I purchased two G10's. I play a Prog gig and I have multiple basses and a 12/4 double neck. I love the freedom of quickly moving to different basses while having no cables laying round. The sound is excellent. The problem I have is when using the double neck. I have one G10 plugged into the 12-string and the other into the bass. When I quickly switch from the bass to the 12-string (or the other way around) there is a lag where the G10 is not engaged. It take a few note for the G10 to "catch up" and active. It's not a big problem, but it's a problem. I really need quick, immediate, response and don't seem to get this. 

You have 2 G10 units and 2 separate receiver units, correct? 

The G10 goes into "sleep" mode if it is not being used after a period of time (4 minutes maybe). It takes about a second for it to wake up. It is a power saving feature that you cannot turn off. 

Next time you do this look to see if the LED is illuminated. It will be off if it is sleeping. As soon as it receives input from your guitar it will briefly turn amber, then green when it is fully awake. 

• Upvote 1

Two things you can try.

1) As you switch to the other neck, deliberately Tap/Thump the strings above the pickup as you make the transition. This will reactivate the G10 Transmitter for that output. The reawakening Tap/Thump will not be heard. A moment later you will be good to go.

2) Leave the Volume Pot for the 2nd G10 open, just enough for a low level sympathetic signal to prevent the G10 from entering Sleep Mode. You'll may have to find the sweet spot such that that low signal will not be heard by your amp. If you are using an A/B switch for the different Guitars, then simply leave the guitar Pot wide open.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for you comments and feedback. I suspect this is the situation. It is correct that I have two separate units/receivers. The double I am using is either switched to the 12-string or the bass only. An example of the challenge is playing an old Genesis song "Firth of Fifth", after playing bass for a few minutes I must make an immediate switch to 12-string. It may be that I have to find a way to switch to the 12-string on occasion, give it a couple of taps to 'wake it up' and then continue playing bass. 

Yes, it takes 1-2 seconds to wake up. When I pick up my guitar after it is in sleep mode, I leave my volume pedal turned down, volume pot up, and just hit the strings to wake it up. You'll see the LED on the transmitter turn amber briefly, then green when it is ready. 

It usually goes to sleep in about 4 minutes of not transmitting a signal. 

• Upvote 1