HD500X with Skype?

gtrwizrd

I run the HD500x through my Focusrite Scarlett solo (1/4 from left unbalanced into the Solo) and tried using a mic into the XLR of the Solo, but my friend couldn't hear the guitar at all, only me talking through the microphone. Even when I took the microphone out there was still nothing. I have the Focusrite selected as the audio and microphone in Skype settings, too. Do I have to use an XLR from the HD500x into the Focusrite XLR for this to work? Thanks!!

You can plug the mic into the HD500 though and set the second input to mic, then setup a second path for that signal to go through with no amp or effects and then pan both channels to center and use one of the outputs to go into your solo :)

I have never done this because -- well -- I have better things to do.  

However - in the olden days, we used to go into chat rooms or the old Yahoo Messenger and broadcast tunes direct. No mic needed, even though it wasn't the default option. 

Unless there is something in the Skype programming, I can't see why we wouldn't be able to go direct. 

Hell, use one of the Pod outputs into the computer mic jack. Then assign Skype to read to external mic instead of the internal one.