Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question: Helix serial #'s where scribble strips were corrected

dbdbdb

Hey Guys .....

Question: What is the starting serial number or dates for Helix, where the scribble strips were corrected.

Here's my situation and the reason for asking ... I received my Helix on Dec.21, 2016 and by Jan. 19, 2017, I started noticing broad black lines developing on the scribble strips.(Common problem based on my search results) I created a ticket (Recommended by several users with the same problem here on the forum) on Jan 27, 2017 and have not heard anything from Line6 to date. Now while I'm the first to admit, that this may be just a cosmetic issue\fault that one can learn to live with. Still, if there are underlying issues\problems and this is just the beginning stage of a more involved fault, then it becomes a major concern.

I have a 45-day return policy, of which I am fast approaching my cut-off date. I mention this because I can possibly return the faulty unit for a new one, but I don't want to revisit this issue with a new unit. (Kinda defeats the purpose of returning it)

That stated, I'm hoping someone can share the dates and or serial numbers of newer units where this issue was addressed completely.

Thank you in advance!!!

I don't think this was endemic to any production run or anything like that. I don't actually think it was all that common, overall. I know it's been reported by some people, and Line 6 has been fixing them as they come up. If you're in your return window, and can get a replacement, it might be better to just go that route.

I would expect that just because of the nature of these sorts of LCD screens, that this sort of thing will pop up sporadically throughout the Helix's production.

I don't think this was endemic to any production run or anything like that. I don't actually think it was all that common, overall. I know it's been reported by some people, and Line 6 has been fixing them as they come up. If you're in your return window, and can get a replacement, it might be better to just go that route.

I would expect that just because of the nature of these sorts of LCD screens, that this sort of thing will pop up sporadically throughout the Helix's production.

Backup your unit, and return it for a replacement. 

Thank you everyone for your feedback ..... I contacted the store where the unit was purchased this morning and received approval for a return\exchange for a new unit.

Hopefully, I can put this issue to bed ......

Regards

It appears this has happened to me, on my 11th switch, there is a 'line' of dead pixels on the scribble strip, whether selected or not, and it doesn't disappear if I page through sounds. I've barely had the Helix three days, now I have to box it up and send it back, ugh! :(