Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question About M5 Vs. Tonecores & Xx4s

flennertz

Hi! I've been thinking for some time on buying the FM4, but there's no room in my case. Fortunally, there's the M5, but does anyone know whether it sounds just as good as the FM4 or is there any degrade due to the shorter size? Is the circuit the same? And also, just to know if I must buy it or think some more, would I be able to mix effects? (from what I read no, but couldn't I - since it's all digital - mix 2 fx in some Pc/Mac console into a new preset and then upload it to the M5? This would be amazing, an editor like Eventide and Tc electonic are now providing) Thanks a lot for the attention!

My understanding is that the M series (M5, M9, M13) has all of the effects from the DL4, MM4, DM4, and FM4 at the same 24bit quality as the original boxes. I'm pretty sure they just shrinkwrapped all of those boxes into the M units and added a few extra bells and whistles.  

Also, there's no editor unfortunately.  Been asking for one since the M13 was released.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What's there to edit? Spin 6 knobs and your done. No menus, sub menus or anything of the sort. Brilliant interface.

True, just got my M5, everything is impressively simple and tweakable. I only regret you can't create new sounds, in this case an editor wouldve been perfect. Like the one from tcelectronics toneprints, i have a 'flashback' delay and I can tweak it to the maximum with the editor they supply. I've created in the editor some pretty cool delays and choruses that couldn't exist without it. So, I guess an editor is important