Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Free Mission expression pedal

jbuhajla

I just noticed this in the promo page of the Line 6 site. Free Mission expression pedal with the purchase of Helix rack and floor controller. 

http://l6c-acdn2.line6.net/data/6/0a020a3d4b6658924655c9b66/application/pdf

I love to see my fellow musicians get a great promotion but I wish these free backpack and free Mission pedal offers had been around when I purchased my Helix. Hey DI, think we can get these offers honored retroactively?   I still have a valid receipt.  :D

Yeah I totally agree about the Helix backpack... It's cool that they sold more Helix's and all, and I'm sure those people are really happy with them, but I feel a little bit screwed that just because I bought mine a year ago, and not around Xmas time, I don't get the free backpack... Which I would very much appreciate with my Helix floor unit, rather than paying $150 (plus tax) for it

This kind of stuff is very irritating. I get it as sales start to drop off from initial launch they are trying to encourage people on the fence to adopt. But as someone who pre-ordered the unit up front and waited for quite some time for it to arrive and who ALSO purchased the Mission pedal to go along with it, this kind of stuff puts me off from ever jumping in on anything like this from Line 6 up front ever again. 

Early adopters pay the most money and get the least promotional content?  It's not like this is something like a free T-Shirt or a pack of strings.  That mission pedal is $140.00!!

• Upvote 1

This kind of stuff is very irritating. I get it as sales start to drop off from initial launch they are trying to encourage people on the fence to adopt. But as someone who pre-ordered the unit up front and waited for quite some time for it to arrive and who ALSO purchased the Mission pedal to go along with it, this kind of stuff puts me off from ever jumping in on anything like this from Line 6 up front ever again. 

Early adopters pay the most money and get the least promotional content?  It's not like this is something like a free T-Shirt or a pack of strings.  That mission pedal is $140.00!!

well... same here and as a european it's even worse because we are absolutely getting zero promotional content here. I bought my Helix while in USA there's a free Backbag. Thats like 1700$ here in EU vs 1500$ in USA

I didn't know that they had a special for the floor unit and backpack. It makes no difference to me. I'm happy with my Helix, and I'd prefer that they spend their resources towards continuing to evolve it, rather than on sending out free swag, for no reason. But that's just me.

Surely this sort of marketing maneuver isn't cause for complaint.

Sometimes early adopters get a lower intro price, when the  company's trying to attract attention to the new thing. Sometimes not, when they don't feel they need to, especially if production is in short supply, as Helix was for quite a while, when second hand (i.e. in stock) prices can be higher than retail.

It's also common for prices to drop after something's been out for a while, when sales have leveled off and they're trying to gin up more interest. That more typically happens at retail I think, not that list price goes down, though that can happen too.

Bottom line is that you always pay your money and take your chances, or wait for a better day, if you think one is coming and don't need/want it now. Getting bent out of shape because someone else got a better deal because they waited, or jumped in early, is a recipe for heartache, and not much more.

Wellllll...

Would be nice to get a promo code for a discount for registered users, -like i'm getting for the new Microtonic PO32 Teenage Engineering bundle... already own Microtonic so I get a discount on a PO32 which includes Microtonic as part of their current promotional bundle.

BUT whatever, so goes the sales cycle.