Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

On board expression pedal

abaxe

I'm noticing when I use the on board expression pedal that there is a squeaking noise when actuating the pedal. How can I fix this? Could I use Deox IT or some other cleaner or lube? Obviously I don't want to damage it. but the noise is annoying...

After a year of use this just happened to me too. I read a lot of the suggestions made here by other users and while I'm no expert in the matter I just kind of used a combination of methods. Some people seemed to be more comfortable taking the pedal apart, but I could just see myself screwing that up when trying to place it. I ended up taking the back off and carefully spraying dry lube all around the lug nut that's connected to the controller. I just kept moving the pedal up and down to make sure the lube worked its way into the right spot. Luckily this worked for me. Sorry to be so long winded about something so simple.