Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Litigator Heaven

spikey

I know others have commented on this amp too. I just sat down with my PRS for over an hour this morning playing with the new Litigator amp & cab patch, powered by my Fryette PS 2 and 2x12 V30's cab. No tweaking, no adjusting tones or adding eq's, no knobdicking at all.  Just some wonderful and fun playing time. That's it.

I finally set the guitar down on its stand and thought, very rarely do I find such a wonderful organic tubelike rich full tone on anything I've played, period.

That amp and cab deserves well earned praise. Grats Line 6. Outta the park!

Yep, I finally updated to 2.12 a couple days ago and the Litigator along with the 2 Archons are phenomenal right out of the box, no tweaking required. The Archons have become my goto amps for my clean and high gain band patches. The amount of gain on tap for the lead and the "head room" on the clean is fantastic. The Litigator's responsiveness to the guitar's volume knob is quite exceptional also. You can definitely cover a lot of ground with it.

Is it just me or does Line 6 seem to be getting better/more refined with modeling on each subsequent firmware release? I'm getting pretty pumped for 2.20 for all the 4 string goodness coming our way.

Yep, I finally updated to 2.12 a couple days ago and the Litigator along with the 2 Archons are phenomenal right out of the box, no tweaking required. The Archons have become my goto amps for my clean and high gain band patches. The amount of gain on tap for the lead and the "head room" on the clean is fantastic. The Litigator's responsiveness to the guitar's volume knob is quite exceptional also. You can definitely cover a lot of ground with it.

Is it just me or does Line 6 seem to be getting better/more refined with modeling on each subsequent firmware release? I'm getting pretty pumped for 2.20 for all the 4 string goodness coming our way.

I feel the same way. as if they're perfecting their craft with each update and amp model. I think it's awesome that they're focusing on the bass players (and people like me that fake on a bass from time to time). It will also be very cool to see what comes after 2.20! :)

The thing thats different about Litigator is that its based on the typical Fender amp, but its not trying to model/recreate that amp. Rather its a design of a new amp in the digital world that doesn't have all the constraints an analog amp might have. This is a good new direction to see Line 6 taking since we'll start getting new amps instead of just reproductions of old ones.

• Upvote 1

Spikey I just got my Fryette PS 2 and been using a 1x12 cab, and am loving the tubeness! I couldn't get this wonderful sparkle out of the my Lt2.

I too played the Litigator amp I think the 1st day I plugged in the PS 2. It sounds so awesome! pretty sure I played for hours... It may turn into my main go to amp!

I have not had the chance to turn up the PS 2 yet , been playing bedroom level, can't wait to turn it up! We are switching studio's, gotta wait until March 1st augh!

I keep going between Helix cab/ir or just straight out to speaker, I love what I am getting with the real speaker more... Spikey, Wondering if you go through that?

spikey, I'm a little confuse, with your set up Helix -> Fryette PS 2 -> 2x12 V30's cab and using Ligator + cab model.  Wouldn't the cab model in the Helix color your tone since you are using a 2x12 V30's cab?   

I'm not too familiar with Fryette PS 2 and I thought when going into a power amp that one should turn off the cab model in the Helix.  

Is the Fryette PS 2 different than any other power amp (i.e. Matrix GT1000fx) out there?  

I asked because when I use my Matrix GT1000fx into my Xitione Cab in a full-on guitar cab mode, I would turn off the cab model in Helix and turn it on when a switch my Xitone cab in a full-on FRFR speaker.  

I appreciate any feedback from this.

Yep pinoy1, you are correct that in most situations the added cab "should" muddy up the tone on the Celestion V-30's. For some unexplained reason unknown to me, It just sounds killer. Could be it's just my rebuilt cabinet, I just dunno. The Fryette PS-2 is a multi-trick pony because it can be used as an attenuator too, altho Im not using that part of it atm. I have not tried it (Litigator patch) yet as "amp" only, and will soon.

Just tried it.

I think I like it even better!   :lol:  It's just a tad bit (tiny) less bass is all i'm noticing (as expected). 

Playing at just louder than bedroom at night levels. Cranked there might be a lot different with the cab off.

I got a different result compared to yours.  I tried using the cab model and it sounded dull to my ears.  Didn't like it at all.  I like it with the cab model off way better.   

Thanks again for the feedback.   Keep us posted.   

Could be the difference in the cabs (and ears) .  I also think I know why I like this amp now. 

It has just enough growl to it (without a stomp) when playing the signature lead to "Hotel California" it's just sounds right.