Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Easiest live rigs ever

manysounds

Lately my own rig is awesome and I love it but soon I'll be re-wiring and setting it up, especially with the new MIDI sync options coming down the pipe. So excited.

Right now I have FX SEND 4 as the last thing in my chain and that's feeding an Electro-Harmonix 44 Magnum power amp which is then plugged into a Vox Night Train 10" 30 watt speaker cabinet.

Easiest gigs ever in my life.  Helix (with 44 magnum velcroed to side), guitar, 10" cabinet.  Awesome.

Make me wonder why they didn't just build a power amp into the Helix. :)

/jk

Thanks Line6 and this community which is also involved nicely.

That is all, sharing some love

Make me wonder why they didn't just build a power amp into the Helix. :)

No mystery to me at all.  You would be limited to the characteristics of that power amp and subject to only running unpowered speaker cabinets with no intelligence (DSP) on their own.  As far as speakers we'd be stuck in the 1970's whereas the market has been moving in exactly the opposite direction with a multitude of FRFR powered speaker options at cheap prices.