Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Any workaround to prevent volume dropping to zero randomly?

brain-donor

I know this is on the bug list and that it's being worked on.  In the meantime is there any way I can change my patches or do any extra steps to work around this issue so that it doesn't happen?  Obviously I can just rock the volume pedal back and forth to get the volume up again but I'd rather just prevent it.

Details:

Running firmware 2.12.  Not connected to a computer or anything, just playing live.  I boot up and plug in, start rehearsing and or performing.  Last night it was about 5 minutes after booting up.  This morning it must have been 2 hours.  Different patches but the base is the same.  All my patches have a volume block and I have exp 1 set to the volume pedal and exp2 set to wah.  I have pedal settings set to global (not per preset).  I am not using the volume pedal when the volume cuts out, but I am playing.  Rocking exp1 vol pedal makes the volume come back. For me this only happens once per boot. Not sure if there's any other info that's pertinent.  Waiting for a fix but willing to use a workaround if anybody has one.

No, sorry but can't help.  I've heard about this before though.  I don't have the problem (touch wood) - I use my volume pedal as you do except I don't use the Wah on exp2.

I have considered it - is that possibly part of the problem?

I'm asking as I'm happy to avoid Wah if that's where the problem comes from?

Thanks!

Does it happen when you first switch on a patch or just randomly? One of my first posts here was about going to a patch and having no volume. What it turned out to be was that I was tweaking on the fly at a gig and while doing so, I unwittingly had the expression pedal at the heel position. When I'd hit "save," that's how Helix would "remember" the patch. That probably isn't what's going on with you, but just in case.

Changed all my patches last night.  I'll see what happens tonight and particularly this weekend.  So strange that using exp1 for volume would cause the volume drop.  Makes me wonder if after changing all my patches to use exp2 for volume if whatever is on exp1 might experience the same bug.

Changed all my patches last night.  I'll see what happens tonight and particularly this weekend.  So strange that using exp1 for volume would cause the volume drop.  Makes me wonder if after changing all my patches to use exp2 for volume if whatever is on exp1 might experience the same bug.

Yes, you probably will on any patch using exp1. They plan on fixing it on later firmware updates, but it hasn't been fixed yet. 

i changed all of mine to EXP2 (I use a volume block on every preset) and have never had the issue again.